Vintage club at St. Cloud

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, May 26, 2004.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

There is an event at St. Cloud on June 12th with VSCR (www.vscr.org) You
    should get the WRX crew to come up. You guys would have a blast!

Let me know,

Mark

Anyone interested?? Matt, you could even probably attend this event.;)

Russ

2. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

:(!

3. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

:( only wrx crewz.

4. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Ma, the event is held by the Vintage car club but they have invited all Subies to join them so it's open up to any Subie... not just WRX's.

Matt, don't worry, it's not organized by AARRF so you're good in their book... unless you pull another donuts around them oldies. You might piss off a lot of old folks.

I can't make this trip guys... I have a family get together with the family.

Matt, remember... on June 12th... if you still want to Dyno your car... The Dyno day with the Audi club is still open if you decided not to go to St. Cloud with the Vintage club... unless you can get an early pull and head on out there for the afternoon. Let me know what your decision is and I'll let Loxxx over at the Audi forum know... sorry for Hi-Jaking the thread... which I'm good at :D

Vic

5. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

The same day? :mad: **** now i have to choose

6. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I'm gonna autocross at StC the weekend before, I cant budget for 2 events in such a short period =)

7. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gspot

I'm gonna autocross at StC the weekend before, I cant budget for 2 events in such a short period =)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Skip the AutoX and do the road course instead... I like that a lot better then AutoX.

8. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the website.

9. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I'm reluctant to do wheel2wheel racing considering I have 3 accidents on my insurance and my car is the only asset I really have, including liquid assets. Especially after seeing pictures of that M3 in St. Cloud last year. Its low speed racing for me for a couple more years.

10. Musashi

Kyle,

What u talkin about, there are many other things you could be doing, like GO CARTIN. :D jk

Sorry to hear that bro:(

C

11. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well first off, you don't have to go wide open around the track. There will probably be a couple od areas to pass (on be passed) in. Yes, everyone is welcome to show up. Depending on what I have going on, I might go just to hang out. I need to get some more tunning in before I start hitting up some track days.

Russ

12. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

I may go just to watch also, I still have more tuning to do as well(still a few issues to figure out), and dont want to race till its all 100%.

13. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

What are the requirements for a track day like this at the St. Cloud track? I've never been to a track day before, so I really have no idea.

I'm assuming a snell-rated helmet is required, but what else? Special license from a racing body? Fireproof clothing?

I've looked on both vscr.org and aarrrf.com, but was unsuccessful in finding any type of technical requirements for their track days.

TIA for the racing n00b.

:D

14. Musashi

Tom,

I'm not sure exactly what VSCR requires but I have friends that have ran with them and they did not have to make any special changes from AARRF events to VSCR. At AARRF you generally have to pass tech, that means no moving objects in your car, including glove, carpets, ect and no leaking fluids. As for helmet a Snell 2000 is required and you can get a nice one at Bob's Bike shop.

At AARRF if you are a new driver they will put you thru what is called a Check Ride, where they will show you the track and then they will watch how you drive, that way they can keep you and everyone safe. I highly recommend going out and becomming a staff course worker first, especially if your nervious about high speed events. As some of the new drivers here in this forum.

Hope this helps.

c

15. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight, Chong!

:D

16. Musashi

your welcome ;):cool: