Watch out in Long Lake

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by krees23, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krees23

krees23 Well-Known Member

I hit a pot hole this morning in eastbound lane in Long Lake. It totally split the sidewall on my Blizzak, I'm not sure yet if it dented my rim. I'll probably find that out on Friday when I put my summer tires on (cheaper than buying a new Blizzak).

2. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

yikes, where about in long lake? was it by the gear west bike shop? that section of road is pretty bad. sorry to hear bout this tire.

3. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i'd talk to the city about getting reimbursed.

4. Dynapar

^^ haha, lol. good luck youd prolly end up talkin to orono.

5. krees23

krees23 Well-Known Member

Actually it was just on the East side just as the speed picks up again. I was going pretty fast when it happened.

I don't think I'll get re-imbersed no matter how hard I fight it. They'd just say that I should have seen it on the road and avoided it to begin with.

6. B Cubed

B Cubed New Member

I’ve ruined one rim and one tire already this winter from potholes. I went through the process of trying to get reimbursed for it. I suggest calling public works (651-292-6600) to report it. The only way they will reimburse you (from what they told me in my denial letter) is if there is some negligence shown by the city. So reporting it as early as possible is the best way, because the city has to be given “reasonable time†to fix the pothole before any negligence can be proven. I only know this because of my experience (being denied). Now I call them each time I hit a huge pothole just in case something happens later.

That phone number is for the St. Paul area I think, but I’m sure they could redirect you to a local public works office. Hope it helps.

7. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

^thanks for the number! Im gonna use up all my rollover minutes calling in every single damn pothole I see.
    I like taking sideroads on my morning commute and I swear I might as well be driving on the sidewalk!

8. Dynapar

^^ lol out in long lake/ orono the sidewalk is much smoother then the road.

9. idget

^yeah, thats what I meant! You know, I got pulled over once for avoiding a pothole. wth?!

10. Dynapar

haha, thats funny. what did he stick you with?

11. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

you people obviously haven't driven in duluth much.....:puke:

12. idget

funny now, but definitely not at the time! He was nice enough to "let me off with a warning."
    It was at night on an empty road and I barely missed the crater (it seriously stretched halfway across the lane!). He thought I was a drunk driver.
    He was parked, but it would have been pretty funny if he was following me and he hit it! He couldnt have pulled me over if he tried!

13. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

True, but with your car we'd need something much bigger to cause the same kind of problem. ;)

14. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

yea, I'm not really worried about blowing a tire, but my shocks are dead, and my parent's live in long lake, I drive there alot too. The roads here are MUCH worse!!

15. B Cubed

B Cubed New Member

I called public works on a pothole yesterday after work, today on the way home from work it was filled. Seems like they do quick work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.