Website updates

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Front Office' started by WRX1, Jun 28, 2012.

?

What color DARK THEME do you use?

1. Master (Orange)

27.3%
  2. Yellow

9.1%
  3. Green

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Red

18.2%
  5. Blue

45.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Just a bit of a heads up. I have some time off over the next few days so I plan on doing some website maint. I think probably Tues/Wed next week I will have the site down for a hour or so for a big XF update and I have a bunch of small changes that need to be made. With that said, don't be alarmed if you run into any slowness or random blank screens, most likely the system will just be updating the cache's and such after I do some of the minor updates.

With these changes, I also want to reduce the number of dark themes. We are currently running 5 of them (Yellow, Green, Red, Blue, and the master Orange). Please vote for the color(s) that you use. I would like to eliminate 2 of the dark themes to keep some of the update changes a bit easier and it will also help streamline the page load speeds.

Lastly, is there any little things that I need to look at. I saw that Ben is looking for pic width info and I have a few tapatalk update questions. So is there anything else?? Any new features that anyone wants me to look into??

Again, big XF update next Tues/Wed, and a bunch of small feature updates over the next few days. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Russ

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

So nothing?? Ok, well I think I will be removing the Yellow and the Green themes.

I also update my test site and everything went smooth, so I will most likely starting tomorrow with the small changes and Tuesday morning for the big stuff. The site will be down for a bit (hopefully less than a hour).

Russ

3. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Thanks Russ

4. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Thanks Russ! I use whatever theme automatically loaded. It appears to be blue.

To clarify the picture width item, I would like the auto resize to be set to smaller size than "fit to page". It can be a fixed value, as long as the value is reasonable. Although I have seen some VBulliten forums where you can manually choose what size you want them to resize to (in your user control panel). That would be nice, but not necessary.

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, just a little update.

The big updates have been taken care of. The site was down for about 45 minutes while I did all the large updates. I have almost all the small add-on updates taken care of. I think I only have 1 more small update to do. After that everything will be done and up to date again.

So like with all previous updates, if you do run across anything weird or any random bugs, please let me know and I will look into them as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks
    Russ

6. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

I'm just glad I got to see some sumo butt

Ctracey218 likes this.