Well the worst has happened

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by MNAutomatic, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

My baby is crashed. I was on 101 getting on the on ramp to access 394 and the worst happened. I rear ended a car in front of me beacause of a retarded driver who went 30 up an on ramp to merge onto a highway and had to hit the brakes cause they couldn't do it. Luckily my friend was between me and this car so I got him instead of a random person. My entire front end is trashed cept for my front fenders, those luckily are repairable but everything else is gone. I need a new hood, head lamps, grill, radiator, tie bar, pulley covers, timing belt, and that is just the rough estimate of parts that I need to get. Now the ultimate bad part in the story...4500 atleast to repair and the guy said it can only go up from their. Now the good comes of this, I am picking up a brand new carbon fiber hood and trunk (gotta get the matching set), high performance radiator (might aswell), finesse grill or something like that (only one that works with morette head lamps), and last but not least but a nice new set of morette head lamps. the parts list will grow I am sure but I am happy that I finally got a reason to spend money on my baby.

Cliff notes: Crash car on accident now get to upgrade parts and it better than before

Any suggestion on the type of carbon fiber hood and trunk I should get would be nice...especially if there was a set somewhere I could pick up. Well better keep searching for them parts and sorry for the long post...had to get some of the frustration out of me

2. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

if you have an 02 and like the 04 look, now is the time for a conversion.

:)

Ben

3. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I was actually considering doing that but I began to think why should I get rid of the bug eye. It is a one of a kind design that will always be associated with the WRX. So I am just gonna improve on the original design

4. TjDunklee

TjDunklee Well-Known Member

Is the car still running fine? Make sure that timing belt didn't screw anything up before you spend any money fixing it. My car had a slight crack in the timing belt cover and it ended up stopping the timing belt and eventually locking up the engine. Please check, don't become me.

5. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Dude.....that sucks...........:(

6. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Yeah the timing belt is already screwed up but we are still unable to know the final cost of what the repairs will cost until monday when they are actually able to pull the engine or whatever they need to do to look at everything. Things can only get better from here...alot better I hope. I am most pissed that I wont have a suby for atleast 3 weeks, got stuck driven my moms truck or car (whichever she dont pick for the day)

7. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

I blew my engine a while back... I just saved money and saved parts and BOOM its as fast as I dreamed :cool: Sometimes bad things can turn out good ;)

8. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your incident. Hope it turns out well in the end!

9. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Sounds similar to the damage I had. I think Seibon hoods are pretty good, or maybe GT spec.
    [​IMG]

10. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

Gspot, is that blood on the front bumper cover?

11. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Flipndabrd

Gspot, is that blood on the front bumper cover?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thats what I thought to. That would suck if it was a person:eek:

12. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

almost exactly like it, but not so much body work. It is starting to turn out real good. My father says that as long as I come up with a bill equal to the estimate I can do whatever the hell I want aslong as it gets fixed

13. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

If your insurance is going to pay for it they usually want to pay out to a body shop in some way, most places don't like handing out large checks to owners for collision claims. I don't know how mod-friendly they are (though they did work on my car) but if you buy the aftermarket parts and supply them to Morrie's Body Works in Brooklyn Park they may put those in instead for you and save on the bill. If you're not painting that hood all the better as that costs a lot. I'd go down there and talk to someone about your situation and see if they'll hook you up. Then talk to your insurance agent to show how much they're saving by going your route as opposed to the standard "back to the way it was" route. If it saves them money they're usually all for it. Also check to see if we get discounts on body parts if they order it through the BP dealership.

14. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Well my car is currently at the morries in minnetonka and our insurance agent is a very old friend of the family who has always taken care of us so he usually does whatever and just tells us if the costs will go up or what not. I have already started on an entirely different list and it seems that it will be cheaper. The body shop guy at morries even suggested that I look into some aftermarket parts as it could possibly be cheaper in differnt areas. I plan on doing all the cosmetic work to save a bunch of money there. I just want the body shop to get my motor back in running order and get all body work done that I have damaged because really how hard is it to put on a bumber, lights, grill, hood, and possibly a new horn. If I can figure it out I am sure someone on here would be willing to help for a good lunch or some beer

15. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Its not blood, its just paint. Paint which looks a lot like fire hydrant paint. Yeah all that stuff is easy to do, bumper has a few hidden clips but I've had mine off and on a few times.

16. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

ouch.
    :(
    sory man

17. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Thank you all for your concern and here are the pluses that are coming from this horrible accident. I am now getting a CF hood to replace the OEM hood(savings of 600 dollars), Morette head lamps(still looking for a retailer), new grill to house these wonderful head lamps, and some other goodies my papa wont have to know about like sway bars

18. Grimm

Grimm New Member

I hope you can do everything you want to do to it. Like some of them said alreay I could be cool in the end.

E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.