Wheels of Italy

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by igofast, Aug 28, 2004.

1. igofast

igofast New Member

Anyone else make it to the Wheels of Italy car/bike show today? I was somewhat obligated to show with my Italian bike, but I never expected all the cool cars to show. In addition to the fantastic Lambo's, Ferrari's, Alfa's, etc. was a GT40 and a Lotus Elise. I'll definately be making the next ones.

http://www.wheelsofitaly.com/

2. igofast

igofast New Member

Some pics:

[​IMG]

Sweet bikes

[​IMG]

Yep, it's a real one

[​IMG]

Fresh outta the showroom, didn't even have plates yet.

[​IMG]

Getting old, but still one of my fav's

3. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Wish I would have known about the when and where b4 the show. :(

To your corner John!

4. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

John, that yellow Lotus is the same one that came out to BIR last Monday. He didn't do much with the car on the track. He even had it trailered out there... he ran like 5 or 6 lap in one heat and gave up for the day :eek:

At least the guy in the Ferrari was doing lap after lap. They are both newbies like me. They just spent more on the car then I did.

5. igofast

igofast New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

Wish I would have known about the when and where b4 the show. :(

To your corner John!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

D'oh, it was a last minute notice for me too, hopefully there will be more notice next time.

YoSmiley: Goes to show you that you can't judge someones speed by their car. I've seen some slow ass vettes and been humbled by some faaast civics. Hell, a stock TT is still the fastest thing I've seen around the St. Cloud AARRF track.

I think this event is the only opportunity lots of those cars get to be driven. One car was even put in a bubble once it got to the park. I like appreciating fine cars as much as anyone else, but I just don't get not using them for what they were designed.

6. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

Wish I would have known about this too. Nice Bikes, Nice Cars, and hopefully you saw some nice women too! ;)

Next year:)

Dave

7. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Ah whats the fun in seeing a whole bunch of old farts out with expensive cars that just parts there. I'd rather just look them up online if thats all they are going to do and charge admission its anything like AutoVation-its boring and a waste of car.

Besides I already got to ride in a Ferrari Modena last week at BIR. :D Now that was a treat!

John thanks for sharing.

C