Where did you mount your Dash Cam?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JuStaWRX, Aug 7, 2016.

1. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

I got a Dash Cam for my birthday this past week (ThinkWare H50), and I am trying to decide where to mount it.
    upload_2016-8-7_16-18-45.png

The instructions suggest mounting behind the rear view mirror on the driver's side, however that is where the light sensor for the rear view mirror. Would that make a difference? it would be a nice spot for it to be tucked away but i don't want to mess with the sensor.

Have you mounted your cam elsewhere? Thoughts on the suggestion from the manufacturer? Thanks!

2. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

I mounted mine behind the rear view mirror, but more on the passenger side. It then doesn't get in the way of the sensor, and it's out of my view. To keep the install clean, I bought an installation kit from the dash cam store (http://www.thedashcamstore.com/installation-kits/). Everything works great and I never have to think about it. I think I have some pictures of it mounted in my old WRX somewhere here on the forum.

3. DIRTY D

DIRTY D Well-Known Member

20160808_120041_resized.jpg I have mine mounted so I can swivel it around to either side or front or back. You never know if you want to capture video of a cop pulling you over. :thumbup:

tehfuzz likes this.