Where should I head from here?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by btleier, Jan 25, 2010.

1. btleier

btleier Member

So I bought a new Subaru WRX wagon today. It's a 2002. Has a few mods, looks like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mods:
    VF34
    FIC 850s
    Perrin fuel rails
    Large top mount
    SPT catbcak
    AMK cast bellmouth dp
    aftermarket uppipe

Car was tuned at RS in minneapolis. Made 275whp/250tq. Just wanted to know what would be my best bang for the buck performance mods to go from here. Cars maintenance is up to date, timing belt, and tensioner was just done, fluids are fresh. I believe I will do an e85 tune come spring time, but was just curious whatelse you suggested.

2. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Suspension and brakes.

New performance springs and struts at the very least.

3. btleier

btleier Member

it's sitting on stock struts, and whiteline springs for the winter.... and I'm gonna look at his tein flex's with edfc for the summer.

4. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Very nice. I approve of your decision.

Now go with some stainless lines, good hawk pads, and then flush the brake fluid if it isn't new and you're set.

5. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

After you do what Shibbs suggested, seat time, seat time, seat time...... :)

6. 2barsti

2barsti Well-Known Member

Going to need to run a bigger fuel pump if you plan on switching over to e85. Maybe add a 3port ebcs.

7. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Light wheels w/ good tires and a decent rear sway bar would make it come alive in the twistys.

8. btleier

btleier Member

forgot to mention it does have a walbro 255.

would love to do a nice agressive wheel/tire combo on it. i know the wagons can't fit as much but maybe some of you with some experience can recommend a good wheel/tire size that will be agressive as can without having to modify.

9. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

I happen to know the 04 STi BBS (forged) wheels are a good upgrade and very light without having to mess around with hub-centric rings and goofy lugnuts.

They will fit a very aggressive 225/45/17 tire or some 235 width tires (rims are 7.5" wide) with no rubbing.

10. btleier

btleier Member

To me a set of STi wheels would be perfect, it just seems as though the 04s are hard to come by.

also what are the limits of the wrx transmission? if I put some e85 into it, I fear I'm going to be about there, and that you have to make an expensive decision to be happy where it's at or to replace it.

11. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

wheels/tires, gauges, then the rest depends on what you plan to do with the car.

I'd personally go for weight reduction/redistribution and redo the interior. I'd swap in 04wrx door cards (or redo them yourself) and rear seat with aftermarket front seats and black out the pillars/headliner/nasty grey plastic pieces. Then I'd stiffen up the chassis as much as possible (bushings, bars, etc...) and focus on suspension geometry and adjustability (control arms, adjustable rear lateral links, front camber plates). I'd also start thinking about the things that I look at or engage with most often and consider whether I'd like them to be different (shifter, pedals, head unit, interior and exterior lighting).

I'd definitely suggest considering suspension, brakes, and efficiently making use of the power you have before adding any more.

12. btleier

btleier Member

just looked on nasioc, and there is a local guy who has a set that are coated black. would love to have those. is it someone that is on her as well?

13. errorcode3

errorcode3 Member

these?

14. bubba_crx

bubba_crx Well-Known Member

sell me ur gc parts, lol...

15. Ryan

Ryan Sled drifting master

I'm running the exact same setup ('04 sti bbs rims with RE-01R 225/45/17). It's a great tire/rim setup

16. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

+1 for the RE-01R. I really wanted a set of those. Mayhaps I will eventually find a set, even though they are discontinued.

17. 2barsti

2barsti Well-Known Member

That would be me.

18. btleier

btleier Member

ya I saw you on here man. I'm gonna see what I can do. I'd love to have them.