Where to get alignment?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Keats_16G_Rex, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Keats_16G_Rex

Keats_16G_Rex New Member

Hey guys, where do you get a high quality "performance" alignment around the south side of the cities? I was thinking just any tires plus type store, but wasn't sure if there's a preferred place around the area?

I'm not looking to run camber bolts up front, just max negative evenly in the front and a degree negative or so in the rear. Looking to make the most out of my Falken Azenis, and trying to get by with the tiny stock rear swaybar in my 04...

Thanks.
    -Keats

2. carl

carl Well-Known Member

if you search this forum you'll find many threads on where to have your car aligned. Jeff the alignment guy is always the top recommendation. I usually use Jeff on my rally car but sometimes use my firestone lifetime if I just want it checked

3. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I have been happy with all of my experiences at Samaritan Tire in Minnetonka. Not sure if they do alignments outside of stock recommendations though.

4. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Never, ever, ever go to Tires Plus.

Jeff does a superb job and doesn't charge much. He aligned my Miata and put it spot on where I wanted it. Seriously, I'll not go anywhere else if I have a choice.

5. bora28

bora28 New Member

^ not all tires plusses suck, im sure u've had a bad experience at one, but that doesnt mean that all suck^
    it comes down to the mechanic that is doing the alignment and his knowledge, the quality of the alignment and how well its calibrated, and the quality of ur suspension... if the service u received sucked, thats a different story, but it has nothing to do with the quality of the alignment
    Id love to help, but beware, i do work at a TP...

PS
    Jeff (the Alignment Guy) is very well known as being the premier aligner and suspension tuner in the Twin Cities. He knows what he is doing, I would definitely recommend him!

6. Keats_16G_Rex

Keats_16G_Rex New Member

Thanks for the replies. I searched for this mysterious "Jeff the alignment guy" but can't seem to find anything. Anyone have some info that I can get ahold of him, or a link to a post with some answers? I'd appreciate it, thanks!

7. xveganxcowboyx

xveganxcowboyx Well-Known Member

http://www.thealignmentguy.com/album.htm

8. EBR15

EBR15 Well-Known Member

I've gone to jeff for several tire mountings and I would go there if I needed an alignment.

It's a small shop that isn't luxurious, but he charges a fair rate and will do whatever kind of alignment you want.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Well-Known Member

i had my old wrx aligned by Jeff and he did a great job, ide recommend him. his prices are very fair also...just dont go in there looking for a deal cause he wont like that.

10. Keats_16G_Rex

Keats_16G_Rex New Member

Awesome. Thanks for all the help guys, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'll hopefully be getting an alignment from Jeff soon!

11. Rusty

Rusty Member

jeff's the bomb!