Where to off-road?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by trevize1138, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevize1138

trevize1138 New Member

Anybody got some locations a real novice like me with a '97 OBS can go for some fun, tame, just wanna spin the back end out around a couple corners type of off-roading (or, off-pavement riding?). Prefferably, of course, I'd like to go somewhere relatively close to the TC area.

I'm just looking for a place to stretch my "fun" driving legs, so-to-speak. I just got this '97 a few weeks ago and I'm kinda itching to try it out in a faux-rally setting. I was driving an '02 OBS until a couple months ago and it just was more money than I wanted to keep throwing away on a vehicle. Glad I got one now that's used, in great shape but I'm not so worried about getting a couple rock dings in the body of :D.

2. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

where abouts in the TC are you?
    i am west of the cities abotu 20 miles, and there is some interesting stuff out here. are you ust looking for a place to whip ****ties, spray some mud, or go drifting on gravel? cuase i know some decent places for these. but it would be like 30-60 min to get to the places from downtown.

3. trevize1138

trevize1138 New Member

I'm about 3 miles south of downtown. 30-60 miles ain't bad. Yeah, it's just as you describe: a good place to cut cookies, spray mud and safely do some of the fun stuff you see in Colin McRae driving games :p

I figure it'll either get that sort of thing out of my system enough to calm me down or make me think about trying my hand at rally cross some day ... who knows ...

Key, of course, is the safety thing. Little to no traffic, trees ... Of course, 99% of the safety is up to me, but minimizing the other factors is a definite plus.

4. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

there are a ton of gravel roads with no one on them out past delano. thats along drive and it will stick you in the middle of nowhere. i believe that there are some rally crosses in brianerd every year. i know some guys that might enter. it looks pretty cool

5. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Agreed, rally-x is the best place to throw it around. I can't recommend any other places to go after a long chat with the sheriff's department.

6. rmrf

rmrf Well-Known Member

where is that rally-x on the 31st. i don't think i would be able to participate, but it would be fun to go and watch, that is, if it is relatively close to the tc area.

7. Beej

Beej New Member

More info on that rally-x would be appreciated.

On a side note, on the way back from st. peter this weekend at about 1am, I discovered some nice gravel roads like 10 miles south of belle plaine.

Azenis are not dirt tires. Hahhahaahaaa

8. morganm

morganm New Member

I know of some places to go offroad around the metro area. There are some very VERY easy trails in the twincity area. Also low maitanace gravel roads in the U lands. Those are a blast; especially after a little rain!

I'm going up to Solana state forest this weekend if you wanna help save some public accessible offroad trails. Really could use another rig out there. Nothing too crazy and if you didnt want to go on certain trails just park it at the trail head and hop in mine!

We should hook up and get our Subarus dirty :D

9. trevize1138

trevize1138 New Member

I'll second that request! Any links to RallyX events?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Beej

More info on that rally-x would be appreciated.

On a side note, on the way back from st. peter this weekend at about 1am, I discovered some nice gravel roads like 10 miles south of belle plaine.

Azenis are not dirt tires. Hahhahaahaaa

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.