Which one to purchase???

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Subie Lovers, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Subie Lovers

Subie Lovers Well-Known Member

1). is an '05 OBXT 5MT limited **silver** and gray two tone with 87K on it... I haven't got much history on it as of yet but the owner states he will be in the cities with it over the weekend. One of the members here thinks he may know some history on the car as the owner lives in Duluth and so did he... The motor may have been swaped with one that was shipped from cali with 20-30k on it... that is all I know about this car. I think I can get this for around $10.5

2). is http://legacygt.com/forums/showthre...05-lgt-ltd-wagon-5mt-never-modded-183012.html '05 LGT limited SWP 5MT WGN near 100K last quoted price was $12,350... I would have to ship it from NC or day trip it... But Derp will hate me for ever... not like I care ;)

3). is http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2267795 '05 LGT Limited OBP 5MT WGN (my color preferance) with 87K he wants $12.0 and it has been listed for a while... This is located in NY and also would be shipped. Not sure about how I feel about this seller.

4). is http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-fl-05-legacy-lgt-wagon-5mt-182649.html '05 LGT Limited BSM 5MT WGN with 126K on it... It's stage 2 and has a nice list of other upgrades... I think I can get this for around $10,300. This is located in FL but I have a friend that can stop bye and check it out. Dan is very meticulous about his cars so I know the feed back will be right on. Also I am not sure I would ship this because Party!!! and another member said they would road trip this one with me.

All have the black leather with sunroof.
    FYI: I am playing with 14.5K with my loan and Down Payment... I priced shipping for the later 3 and it was between $700-900... I'd like to have a little $$$ to play with encase trouble should occur. I also have a few others lined up just don't like the garrnett red or tan interior.

Please post up with any thoughts and check back for any new potentials I list.

Thanks,
    Dean

**Edit**
    #2 is pending sale to someone else

Response from #4 on 4/29/12

Unfourtunately the LED Hanabi tails are gone, Sold them to someone who really wanted them before I left Miami
    during a visit in december.
    I pulled out all the amps since I was going to sell it to Another guy in Miami (Nick) but he couldn't secure a loan .
    The Sub is still in there and will probably still be there if you buy it (Not a guarantee). That box alone cost $ 800
    I do have a replacement amp and a Kenwood radio with IPOD aux input . Took out the Focals but put in somepretty
    good speakers (I have spares) . I'm really into audio so I'll have a good setup for whoever buys it.
    There is no lien on the car I bought it cash and have title in hand .
    The Turbo is original and runs strong but like I said in the Post I have a spare 16G which will put you in the 300 WHP
    range . It will come with the car (but not installed) if the price is right . That makes the car deal particularly attractive.
    After market parts are those already in the posts but if you want a run down here goes

Engine/Exhaust:
    Invidia Divorced wastegate Downpipe
    Crucial racing Coated Uppipe
    Both heat wrapped
    18PSI AVO turbo actuator
    Magnaflow Cat back exhaust
    Maganflow High flow extra muffler in Cat section
    Tuning done By remote with logs by the expert Infamous tuning (way better than COBB)

Brakes:
    Redone recently with Centric Premium rotors all around
    Stop tech pads rear
    Stainless Braided lines all around
    Motul Race fluid
    Front Wilwood calipers with Hawk HPS pads

Suspension:
    Progress adjustable roll/sway bars F/R
    MSI endlinks
    ION springs
    KONI adjustable dampers.

Clutch:
    All brand new Components including
    Pressure plate , Dual mass FW, Throwout bearing
    Stock Subaru parts (Best for drivability)

Shifter:
    Cobb dual adjustable shifter
    Subaru Extra S Fluid in tranny
    Upgrade Shift knob

Some minor interior details like LED Lighting

All in all the car drives awesome like a big STI
    Brakes are way better than stock, handle great pulls hard
    A great all around package

Right now the car is collecting dust at my moms house, It's dirty and has
    some boxes inside (my mom wanted everything of mine out of the house)

Also the radio is not in I need to get a harness adaptor for it.

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

One way plane ticket and gas home would be cheaper. Plus, what better way to get aquainted with your new baby than to drive it 1000 miles!? I say offer the guy in NY $11k.

3. SeanKelly

SeanKelly Member

I like number 4. I just dont like doing business with people from New York, bad experiences..

4. tangledupinblu

Dunno, the unicorn has never been modded tho! Who cares what Derp thinks? He's a Derp. Also, the BSM has been raced.

5. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

Well if your going to buy wagon now is the time there are tons up. P.s. I always like Craig's, people usually have to get rid of it. Usually stock (especially in this case) and can low ball the absolute hell out of people. Forums can be just as hit or miss with quality as anywhere else

6. tangledupinblu

You're on it so often that they should call it Ryanslist. lol

7. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Make sure they ALL have meticulous oil change records, the last thing you want is to buy a car with a partially roasted turbo. Furthermore, make an appt with a local shop to have the screens on the turbo feed lines pulled, IMMEDIATLY. Might as well get a leak down test while they are at it as well. Go see the boys at RS.

8. SeanKelly

SeanKelly Member

^^ Reasons why number 4 would be decent. would throw in another turbo just in case.

9. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

A 1 day trip is usually the break even point. Sometimes 2 day if you can find cheap lodging and airfair. 3 day trips are almost always more expensive than shipping, especially if you factor in missing work/cost of time.

You figure @25mpg and $4 a gallon, it's $80 in gas for ever 500 miles.
    $3-500 for a plane ticket.
    $50-100 for lodging per night.
    $25-50 a day in food (make that $100 for me lol)

But it's almost always worth it to see the car in person. Having purchased sight unseen, I don't think I'd ever do it again.

Also factor in payment method with a private seller. You may need to either stay an extra day or go on a week day if their bank isn't open on weekends (unless you bring cash monies). If there's a lien on the title, make sure you file whatever paperwork the bank needs (lien release form) in advance. Some states require a notary as well. Other payment options are a wire transfer in advance which can of course be risky. Escrow.com is a good option as well since you can outline your agreement terms and pay them as a third party to hold the money until all terms are met.

Dean, what shipping companies are you looking at? You could use someplace like DAS who hires out local shippers. Should be closer to $500 that way. Otherwise Intercity lines is the cheapest, most reliable covered transport I've found. You can use various forum discounts to get in the $1000 range.

So really, you're looking at an extra $1500 give or take to purchase out of state.

Also, don't forget to factor in around $1000 for tax, title, registration, plates, and doc fees.

Might want to pay the ~$300 for a third party pre-purchase inspection as well. A non dealership "tuner" shop might be your best bet.

Anyway, I like the white one.

Subie Lovers likes this.
  10. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Yes, be VERY aware of the taxes you have to pay on out of state purchases. I just shelled out 1400 cash at the Dmv for taxes, title xfer and registration.

11. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Skip the turbo and buy my 3.0R! ;)

idget likes this.
  12. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

I spent over $4000 in ttl on my last out of state purchase lol $750 for tabs the first year. After shipping, I just barely made my $5000 budget for misc expenses outside of the purchase price. AZ is tax free on private to private in state purchases... I'd go through 5 cars a year if I lived there!

Dean, do your due diligence and call the MN dvs as well as the dmv in the state you purchase from. Find out what all paperwork you need since tracking down paperwork after the fact will be a hassle at best.

Make sure you take care of details like temporary plates if that applies. In some states the plates stay with the owner, not the car. So you may need to purchase an interstate temp tag to drive the car home. Those tags are typically available at the dmv, but some states issue them at the courthouse. Again, these are places that often aren't open on weekends.

Subie Lovers likes this.
  13. Subie Lovers

I was mistaken about the color of the OBXT it's the silver/gray two tone...ugh better IMO

14. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I re-used my REDYMIX plates. So I dodged that bullet.

15. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

Get the 4th one(The one in Florida).

Great price and great condition and well taken care of and it's stg2 already with upgraded brakes.

Hurry and buy it before someone else buys it Dean.

Hurry, Hurry.

16. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

they should, always finding deals!

17. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Florida car. No rust, and Dan knows his stuff. And it's the least expensive.

18. derp

derp Well-Known Member

and you won't cramp my unicorn style.

stay away from the white one, those are nothing but trouble. >.<

and screw you josh. :p

19. Subie Lovers

^Yeah they some how get muddy on top... Not sure I want a "dick (that) tastes like exotic chocolate and ejaculates sugar coated unicorn tears into their mouths." The mix

20. tangledupinblu

There was one parked a couple of blocks from Firestone lastnight...not as rare as i thought.:p:p

21. Subie Lovers

found some sweet cleared and smoked LED tails for which ever WGN I pick up.

22. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

You're picking up the wgn in Florida.

It's waiting for you.

23. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

Pics when you get one!

24. Subie Lovers

:bump: to the top with new Info from #4... What do we think about it now... And what would be a fare price to offer???

25. derp

derp Well-Known Member

I like #4. Nice mod list, nothing crazy, decent list of inclusions as well.

and it will be faster and handle better than mine, so you'll 'win'. ;)

26. tangledupinblu

Still looks/sounds good to me. Offer him $10,300-10,500 and call er a day!

27. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

I think his asking price of 11k is great considering what he did to it already and if he's adding the turbo etc. That's like a home run for 11k.

Get her before it's gone.

Doubt another one like this, for this price will come again.

28. Subie Lovers

Bump so Dan can find it

29. Subie Lovers

Sounds like it's FL memorial weekend... Anyone want to come with and help drive this back??? found oneway tickets for $120 to Orlando so I can visit Dan then off to Miami for a party and car ;)

Ctracey218 likes this.
  30. Subie Lovers

Looks like the car will be shipped here... time frame is the first week in June... Fun Fun :frantic:

31. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

Which car? The one in Florida?

How much for shipping?

32. Subie Lovers

around $600 from Miami to RS motors.

33. Subie Lovers

After having Dan look at the car... I am out... So the search continues

34. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

What was up with the car?

35. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

^ same here, what was wrong with it

36. Subie Lovers

to much to list... also seemed like a shady seller from what Dan said, Plus he declined a leak down test. No GO

PS, AC, Wirirng issues, Suspention issues, Unproper brake upgrade, Wobbley pulley, Possible tranny issues

37. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Yeah, that's definitely a no go.

38. TickTack

TickTack Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I bought an 05 LGT LTD w/ 108k from AZ at a big dealership in Forest Lake about a month ago. I caught it the morning it was listed (without any details) and bought it that night. They're out there, you've just gotta keep an eye out and be ready to pounce!