Which path to take?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by GotGrip?, Jul 20, 2018.

?

Best Bang for your buck

1. Cobb Turbo back/OTS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Invidia DP/Protune

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

Hey folks, looking to figure out which way to go for the next step on modding my 15 sti. Looking to either go with the cobb stage 2 turbo back or go with a DP/Protune at JMA. As much as I like the simplicity of just getting the entire exhaust and OTS map on the accessport, I really want to make sure I'm getting as much as I can for the money. Looking for community input as well as practical application of one or the other, any advice or personal exp is much appreciated. Thanks

Current Mods:
    AP
    Cobb st1 + Box
    Kartboy STS

2. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

Protune will always be the better way to go. The OTS maps are a general map that will work but may not be perfect for your car as each engine may be a bit different. When it comes down to it, the downpipe will be the part of the turbo back that give you the most performance gain as the stock down pipe restricts a ton of air flow while the bigger cat back provides marginally less back pressure. Plus, keeping stock cat back will attract less attention from police and other undesirables.

3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I’ve always been a protune guy. The tune is way better than OTS. But, if you are having it protuned WITH the Cobb AP, then you are getting the best of both worlds.(from my understanding)

4. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

Thanks for the input, I think I have my answer! I was leaning toward the DP/Tune already so I'm happy to see I'm on the right track for the most part, thanks folks!

tangledupinblu likes this.
  5. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Talk to Devin at JMA about the possibility of utilizing an AP with his tuning. I can’t remember if they are licensed or not.

minnesotanice likes this.
  6. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I dunno how to answer this, but .. Hmm...don't choose either of these...[​IMG]

SomeGuy and tangledupinblu like this.
  7. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

They are and have been for a little over a year. They did mine!

tangledupinblu likes this.