Which Subaru Dealer would you recommend?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by greenwar, Mar 3, 2015.

1. greenwar

greenwar Well-Known Member

Greetings Gents and Ladies,

I have been out of the Subaru world for a while and recently got interested in the MY2015 WRX or STI. I however would like to order one instead of picking one out of the lot.

Anybody want to share which is the largest/better Subaru dealer in Twin Cities? Asking about largest due to allocations and such as it matter for ordering.

Dealer rater shows excellent rating for Morries Brooklyn Park and Luther Bloomington Subaru. If You have a contact and can share that with me (possibly through IM if you prefer) that will be great as well. I just don't feel like walking into a dealership to talk to the first person available.

Thanks and hoping to join the community soon.

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

BroCo and STi_From_DSM like this.
  3. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Morries and Walser have warranty programs worth looking further into. I've had both positive and negative experiences with sales members that are bound to come up in this thread. If I were to buy a new subaru again (for the 5th time), I would base my decision on the dealership and what they offer in terms of future support, rather than an individual sales person, next time around.

Also, welcome back!

mtnbykr likes this.
  4. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

+1 for Morries Minnetonka. I bought my 2011 from Scott and was very satisfied.

tehfuzz likes this.
  5. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

+2000000 for Morrie's Minnetonka. I will never go to Walser again. They undershot me by 2500 on my trade, and would not negotiate on price at all.

Scott helped me get my 15' STi and got me a great lease on one. I highly recommend going there and talking to either him or Mike. They will set you up well.

6. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

I'm just going to throw this out there as a possibility as well. My old 13' WRX is sitting at Morrie's Minnetonka right now if that would be acceptable with you, check it out. 17k miles. Very nice car. Nothing wrong with it. Just a thought. Wanted to let you know of that as well.

7. greenwar

Thanks for the replies guys.

@Curry, @tangledupinblu, I reached out to Mike Clapper through email. Haven't heard from him yet; will see how things work out.

@idget, Thanks Sheen. Hope you are still rocking that 911 turbo.

@STi_From_DSM, yeah saw your car for sale at their website. Recognized it after seeing your thread "Re-introducing .... " on Welcome Mat. Its amazing how much resale value these cars hold. Asking price they set is pretty close to a new MY2015 wrx base. I had a question for you as well. Sent a PM.

Any how, I will keep you guys posted on how things turn out.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  8. greenwar

@tangledupinblu thanks for referring Mike Clapper. He did an excellent job and got my behind on a 2015 DGM STI. Looking forward to getting more involved in the subaru community.

BroCo, phi11 and tangledupinblu like this.
  9. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

You're welcome! I've known him for a long time and wouldn't hesitate recommending him to anyone!

Scott Putnam is also great, so either way i knew that you'd be in good hands! ;)

10. Stormtrooper1

Stormtrooper1 Well-Known Member

I didn't have good luck with the sales person at Morries Brooklyn park. I ended up getting my Crosstrek from st cloud Subaru.

The Morries bonus of the oil changes and car washes weren't really selling points for me. We had them on our 08 Matrix we bought in 09 from Morries. The oil changes usually took 2 -2 1/2 hrs. And the car wash was usually 30-45 min. but this was years ago...

11. DanWRX14

DanWRX14 Member

I also like Morries Minnetonka. I didn't buy my car there, but I take it there for oil changes, car washes and had my gauges put on there too. Great service dept., and Scott is fun to talk to as well. And they seem to have a growing selection of 2015 models too - it was slim pickings a year ago. Bad timing as usual for me :)

12. drac77

drac77 Well-Known Member

Morries of Minnetonka, lifetime powertrain warranty that includes the turbocharger. Nuff said..

tangledupinblu likes this.
  13. XT BOB

XT BOB Member

St. Cloud Subaru usually beats all the other dealerships in price. The last time I checked their inventory they had 3 WRX"S.

14. Lawrence

Lawrence Member

I've bought 2 Subaru's from the Morries in Brooklyn Park, and i'd totally recommend them. They may not haggle on the cars price but they will haggle on other things like trade in to make sure they get you a deal you are happy with.

15. unhguy78

unhguy78 Well-Known Member

I've never purchased from Morries, but I'm dealing with them for some warranty covered issues and not impressed with the help I'm receiving. They've asked me to come in multiple times only to turn me away to come back some other time, left my car outside multiple nights and returned it without a wash, failed to call me multiple times when my parts were in/car was finished at the shop, and among other things they called me late in the afternoon to keep my car overnight therefore locking my garage door opener and house keys in the shop over night. After 8-9 trips in a 2 months, the issue is still unresolved. They also currently do not have a service manager.

This being said, they are nice enough people and seem to care; I get the sense my experience is unusual and even though it's really frustrating I keep reminding myself that I think they have the best intentions. Anyway, that's my experience with Morries over the last 3 months so if you experience issues with your vehicle your warranty service response may not be simple and painless.