Who does custom exhaust work??

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by housemusic1, Dec 18, 2015.

1. housemusic1

housemusic1 Well-Known Member

I'm looking to have some exhaust work done on my Outback. I know about Tim's Custom Exhaust in Coon Rapids, just wondering if there is a "go to" guy/shop that any MN Subaru members can recommend? Let me know. Thanks!

-Adam.

2. Terry Ammerman

Terry Ammerman Well-Known Member

3. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

Pat's Muffler on Hwy 10 in Mounds View does good work.

4. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

What kind of work do you want done?

5. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

No Tims Custom Exhaust isnt a good place to get exhaust work done. I have a buddy with a 500 hp mark 8 that he had them do the headers and exhaust on and they messed up the headers and theyre leaking now I guess and the work just looks shoddy. They have gone downhill the past few years. Ive gone to performance muffler and brake (or I think thats the name) in Blaine, they do good work with good prices.

6. housemusic1

I have new headers for my H6, and basically need everything from the headers back fabricated, to meet up with my Nameless axle backs. The stock headers are actually a header/cat section, and don't have any flanges. So, I need somebody to weld some new flanges onto the hi flow cats that I want to meet up to the new headers. The flanges on my stock Y pipe are crappy too, so I figured just do new everything anyway. Probably throw an ultra quiet resonator in there somewhere too. Somebody suggested Stellar Autoworks in Plymouth, but I've never even heard of them. Thanks for the help!

tangledupinblu likes this.
  7. Terry Ammerman

Terry Ammerman Well-Known Member

Elk River muffler does an awesome job. Scott is great. Did a full custom welded true dual set up on my truck.

8. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

Place called Auto Repair Shop in Shakopee did some work on my Forester XT, decent quality and no issues with it so far. Cheap too.

9. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

You could try Fobia.

Aluminati likes this.
  10. housemusic1

Yeah, I actually have a buddy in Ramsey that works on my car, when I can't do it myself, he suggested Fobia. I just assumed the turn around time, and cost would probably be an issue with somebody that is independent vs a bigger shop. This is my daily, so I can't afford to be without her for an extended period of time. I guess I should've taken that welding class in high school!

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  11. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member