Who mounts your rubbers?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by gran0393, Nov 26, 2012.

1. gran0393

gran0393 Well-Known Member

Looking to get my winters put on the LGT sometime soon, curious to see who mounts tires cheap/well and can be trusted.

2. derp

derp Well-Known Member

you get what you pay for, I would avoid places like tires minus/dis**** tire. if you want your wheels kept in good hands I recommend Samaritan Tire. That's just me though.

3. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

$68 at Discount Tire, Tires are pretty easy to mount/unmount and balance, I did that back in High School. All place's should able too without a issue, really can't do anything wrong from just mounting and balancing a tire.

4. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I've had pretty poor service at Tires Plus/Firestone (same company). I've had excellent service at Discount tire, had a low profile tire mounted on one of my Rotas last summer at the location up here, and they did an excellent job.

I've had amazing service at Sam's Club up here. Can't beat the price (was $9 ea the last time, including new valve stems etc.). I've probably had 6-8 sets mounted there, and always been happy. The only downside is they're usually very busy. Now, I know the location's in the cities get bent out of shape about mounting non-stock sizes, so you might have to carry them in.

5. gran0393

will sam's mount em if I didn't buy the tires there?

6. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

I have had great luck with Discount Tire in Coon Rapids.

7. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

ive had jeff the alignment guy mount and balance my last 4 sets. He isnt to bad think it was $30 mount balanced for a set.

8. Subie Lovers

Subie Lovers Well-Known Member

No one said it...

Your mom...

+1 for discount tire, both BP and Midway have went out of their way to hook it up!!!

9. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

is it sad that the first thing that came to my mind reading the title of this thread was "your mom" as well..I just figured that would be the first post but leave it to subi lovers to chime in. I go to goodyear in maple grove, I know a guy who works there and they do great work. They did my lgt tires at a great price.

10. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

discount tire in Maplewood.

80% of those guys drive sport compact cars with aftermarket wheels and knows how to work on wheels.

11. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

No one anymore...I got a vasectomy.

fancyfootwork15 and Mr.Tran like this.
  12. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

Smart man.

13. gran0393

hmmm, I'll give jeff a call

retreif likes this.
  14. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Yep. I've never bought any there....

15. AWD-ALL THE WAY

AWD-ALL THE WAY Member

I mount and balance all my tires myself.

16. gran0393

Heres to hoping Sam's in the cities is as nice

17. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Discount Tire in AV has earned all my tire-related business through repeated solid customer service. If I'm buying something I'll have it drop shipped there.

18. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I am very happy with Samaritan Tire and equally happy with Eden Prairie's Discount Tire. Discount Tire dinged up one of my wheels but manned-up and bought me a new one. For that reason and the fact they do free rotations, I bought another set of tires for the Outback we passed down to my step-daughter.

19. atacamaR

atacamaR Well-Known Member

discount tire CR, and one off of zane. no issues ever. They even are careful of my brembos, just have to ask them nicely to not scratch them. I like the free replacement if you get a flat too. I've used that a few times with the damn potholes around here and 18's. Cost me about 13.00 to replace a new tire when i did get a flat shortly after buying new tires.

20. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Most, if not all if the Sam's in the cities won't touch tires they didn't sell. You might get lucky. Walmart will, but only stock size (and they won't even do optional sizes usually).

Discount will, but will charge a ****load for it ($160 to do my truck, but I didn't have a choice, I needed them mounted right away).

Jeff is always my recommendation.

21. flstffxe

flstffxe Well-Known Member

I mount our own MC and car tires. Balance(car and truck) for the most part at Wal-Mart in Blaine(109th and Lexington). MC I can balance but have to go to the shop that has MY balancer.

22. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Discount Tire has been good to me; tires mounted and balanced and I didn't fork over for the warranty only to get a gash in the sidewall a few weeks later. They let me pay up for the warranty at that time at a fraction of a cost of a new tire mounted and balanced. I've had tires mounted and balanced there that I didn't buy through them though...

23. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Discount Tire, Bloomington. Ask for the manager Kevin. They handle all meats on 3 vehicles for us.

24. jcn

jcn Active Member

Jeff the Alignment Guy for all our tires. We have probably 15 sets mounted / flipped per year.

25. atacamaR

atacamaR Well-Known Member

15 sets? holy crap... winter, summer, all season, race for multiple cars?

26. jblewis

jblewis Well-Known Member

I think an acquaintance, Adam C, is still at the Bloomington Discount Tire, too. They are a fine deal if you are buying tires from them (lifetime balance and rotation).

Otherwise, I'd go to Jeff The Alignment Guy. If you are buying new, I'd be willing to bet that Jeff would accept a drop shipment from TireRack. Check with him.

27. CoyoteKyle

CoyoteKyle Well-Known Member

Got my tires from Firestone in Blaine, by the mall. They got the tires on fine.
    But one of the guys harped at me because I had a new tire on with 3 old ones... I got a bolt in one tire in Devils Lake and no spare... had to get home somehow.
    Then they said my brake pads were almost shot and wanted to replace them to the tune of ~$350. So I got pads and SS lines and did it myself. And the pads were barely half gone.
    And, they over torqued my new lug nuts.

28. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

You've never watched two boneheaded highschoolers scuff the everloving **** out of a set of Work 3 piece wheels before I take it?