whtcha think?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Dynapar, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

rs post

hey, my dad is looking for a new subie. this RS just popped up at an auction and i was wondering what you guys thought about it. it appears to be in good shape except for the body damage ont eh apssneger side. it needs a new door , quarter window, fender, and some work to the rear quarter. it also might need a new wheel.

my question comes in to do you think the suspension has sustained any damage? does the back pass. wheel appear to be bent in to you? i am curious as to how much work/cost it would be to have this thing fixed up.

2. MPLSREX

MPLSREX Well-Known Member

The rear pass wheel looks bent for sure. Look how close it is to the fender.

3. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

looks like the front wheel is bent more then any other wheel from what i can see.

4. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

Yea, suspension looks messed up. I'm guessing it wouldn't be super costly to get it fixed up as long as you made sure you got the discount on parts and had a reputable place do the work.

5. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

can i take the good wheels off yoru hands if you guys decide to buy it? if you guys are willing to fix it and if its not too badly damage, go for it! it's black too..dont see too many of those.

6. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

is the roof line on the passenger side straight? i can't tell from the pictures.
    if yes, and it's cheap enough, go for it. it would definitely be a good body work project.

worse case scenario, put some new glass in it, fix the suspension, and have yourself a pretty nice rally beater.

7. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

looks like frame damage, which is why the previous owner probably totalled it.

It might need new lateral links on dented side, new strut, control arm on dented side and frame rack work. the rear wheel is way to tilted in towards the front of the car, and there is no ajustment besides bent linkage what will make it go that way. Trailing arm probably isnt ok either.

it's probably going to be expensive in labor to get the frame straight.

8. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i worked at a body shop for a year, no way is that frame bent, maybe the pinch weld on the rockers, but not the frame, it probably needs a new 1/4 panel, door, and suspension work at least though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.