Why is there only one page viewable in the For Sale Cars/Parts thread?

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Front Office' started by DVS_DAN, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVS_DAN

DVS_DAN Member

I feel like stuff is missing or gets pushed out by new stuff and then I can peruuuuuse things I was looking at a week or two earlier. Is it limited to only one page?

2. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

go to the bottom of the fs page and change the setting to show more then just today....

3. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

yep, that'll do it.

4. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I think it can't be changed to show more than 1 day as the default, if i recall, it's that way on ALL of the forums not just the FS one
    I donno if it is possible to change it, because if it were, Russ would have done it when I asked him about it 3 weeks ago.

The way the forum used to be set up, you could set preferences for what you wanted to see in each forum, so I'd have the FS one show the last month .. I seem to remember a box in the settings for default on that where you could set all of them for however long you wanted.... but that's a VB thing, they pulled it out and we're sort of stuck with what we got right now.

So yeah, something you gotta deal with unfortunately ... trust me if this is something that can be changed it will be. It drives me bat**** insane too.

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Unfortunately the user side of the setting is hard coded in at 1 day. I have all the forums set to "beginning", but the hitch comes on the user level. What you can do is change your settings in your general settings.

Forum Actions > general settings

Once you are there, just scroll down to the thread view stuff. Then you can select more than 10 posts per page and how long you want to be able to view threads. I would suggest at least 2 weeks. Once you set it in your settings, that will hold for the whole forum. I wish I could change the user level side, but the default is hard coded someplace.

Russ

6. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

It's called "Default forum age cutoff" for those of you who are having trouble finding it, in general settings like Russ said.

7. DVS_DAN

DVS_DAN Member

That did the job. Thanks guys. Back to searchy searchy time.

8. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Excellent, I'm going to lock this thread then, it will remain searchable though, and I may put it into the n00b info threads in case this question comes up again. :)

**edit* I just stuck it and closed it, so hopefully this helps other people out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.