Wife's new ride.

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Terry Ammerman, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Terry Ammerman

Terry Ammerman Well-Known Member

My wife and I were out for the day, and she wanted to stop and "look" at some cars. We are from Elk River, but happened to be in St Cloud, so we stopped. First off I spotted a '15 White STI out front on the lot. I was reminded rather quickly that this was HER day, so I was not allowed within 20 feet of the STI.
    She drove a Crosstrek and an Impreza, but eventually landed on this.
    2015 Impreza Sport Premium with eyesight and the premium audio package. We pick it up in a few days. Something to do with dealer paperwork. They gave us some pretty good money for her 07 2.5i Legacy with 66k on it, so she sighned the papers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was her old one.

[​IMG]

2. 91 Subaru T-Leg

91 Subaru T-Leg Well-Known Member

Congrands to your wife on the new car. Im sure we all know that in a few weeks or days we will see you post a picture of the white sti you spotted in your driveway lol.

3. Terry Ammerman

There would be a picture of shriveled up testicles right beside it. No STI in my immediate future I assure you. I'll just stick with my bugeye.

4. 91 Subaru T-Leg

91 Subaru T-Leg Well-Known Member

Yeah im sure you will have more fun in the bugeye then you would in the new sti

5. Kneel Weiß

Kneel Weiß FUMP BDI Staff Member

Could do a BRZ. They are cheaper!

6. Terry Ammerman

I like the BRZ, but I like AWD more.

Kneel Weiß likes this.
  7. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Win-win, you probably aren't looking for more kids anyway at this point, plus no birth control required! ;)

8. EricS

EricS Nooberator

How's the bugeye been running since the swap Terry? I'm glad you got a car sorted out before summertime :)

Terry Ammerman likes this.
  9. Terry Ammerman

Runs great. Really liking it.

EricS and Ryan FailRad like this.
  10. Ron

Ron Member

See if I bought my wife a new car it would have to be turbo'd cause she loves her 11' FXT way to much.

11. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Congrats Terry...Happy wife, happy testicles!

12. Terry Ammerman

Thanks Josh.

13. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

You guys got to keep your testicles when you got married?!

Congrats again, Terry! That is a beautiful car! Like I said on the FB post, I literally sat in this car on Wednesday when I was up at the dealership for the day, and it was a very impressive car! Please post some reviews of the eyesight after you/your wife have had a chance to use it a bit.

14. Terry Ammerman

Thanks, It is a pretty little car. She looked at and drove several, and then spotted this little gem on the showroom. Boom, quest over.
    The salesman took us out in a Forester to demonstrate the Eyesight. I gotta say, I was very impressed with the initial experience. Automatically maintains distance to the vehicle in front of you and adjust speed, and braking to compensate. This is one feature I am looking forward to using more. If you are say in a gridlock on the freeway where traffic is creeping along, you Never have to touch the accelerator or the brake. Even sounds an alarm if you cross the outside solid line on the highway.

15. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

"sighned the papers"

Slip or intentional?

16. Terry Ammerman

Maybe both, or I'm posting from my phone and it places shiet automatically. I love technology.

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  17. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Yep, wanna see?

18. EricS

EricS Nooberator

CVT?

19. Terry Ammerman

Yes it is CVT. Only option it doesn't have is leather and navigation.

20. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I've always wanted adaptive cruise control and I finally had a rental car with it... Infiniti qx80. Yes, adaptive cc is just as amazing as it sounds. I want it on my next car!

21. Terry Ammerman

I can't wait to use it more, but initial impressions are good for me.

22. Terry Ammerman

Its been 2 weeks now with the new car. Of course I don't get to drive it much. Had it out on the road once, going to a graduation for my friends daughter. The Eyesight cruise works awesome. The little warning beeps when you cross the line without using the turn signal I can do without though. It gets turned off a lot. Overall very impressed with the Sport. Will post back when I discover new stuff along the way.

JuStaWRX likes this.
  23. loxx0050

loxx0050 Well-Known Member

Have you tried Eyesight yet in rush hour stop and go traffic yet? Curious to see if (and it will happen) when somebody cuts you off trying to switch lanes since there is at least 1 car gap (or close) to it for the minimum distance setting for the cruise. Wondering if the camera will see the car cutting in front of you in time to stop..... I don't know if I'm ready to use it for my morning commute during really slow traffic.

I also have Eyesight on my Outback but have only used the cruise pacing a couple of times though (once in a funeral procession but the gap was kinda large even on the 1 closest one and it deactivated on right hand 90 degree turns when the car in front was momentarily lost).

24. Terry Ammerman

Haven't tried the rush hour thing yet. I was reading the manual and it has crash prevention, or something of the sort. I will have to read more. It is supposed to detect sudden changes. Time will tell. I have experience the eyesight in a situation where we left the highway and came to an intersection in town. The car came to a complete stop and the light changed and the vehicle resumed it's "pace" behind the lead car. This was on a demo ride with our salesman. Overall impression so far is great. Subaru has done a good job dressing up the little Impreza. Like I stated in the first post though, it is the premium package, I don't really know what the differences are yet with a base model. All the cars we drove that day seemed to be pretty well equipped.

25. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

So does the adaptive cruise control/crash prevention apply brakes for you? Or does it just beep or something?

The Infiniti rental that I had would actually apply the brakes. It would monitor and apply brakes even if you didn't have the cruise set.

26. Terry Ammerman

Yes it applies brakes on its own. The beeping is for crossing the lines without signaling.

TMF likes this.
  27. Terry Ammerman

Finally had an excuse for a road trip. Went to Mankato to visit family. I have used the cruise control a few times around town, but never really got to fully experience it in all of its glory. I can't say enough good about the eyesight. Before this if it would have been an option, I probably would not have ordered it. It was already equipped on this one they had in stock. Now I have to say, I want this on all my cars. Once it locks onto the object in front, it does it's job VERY well. Not entirely perfect, but overall well worth it on the road. Following cars through construction zones it maintains distance remarkably well. Once I came out of a work zone into a stop light and the car came to a complete stop without me even so much as touching the brake. The light turned green right away and my car resumed it's pace with both my feet on the floor. If you stop more than 3 seconds it will disengage, so you have to be ready to brake. Very impressed at this point.

28. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

If you could teach it to fetch you a beer, it might just make good wife material.