Windshield Washer Not working

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Queue, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

Greetings,

My brother is the owner of a 2015 Crosstrek. The windshield washer has quit working (the rear washer works, as well as the front and rear wipers).

Early inquiries point to a bad pump. The question, that I am hoping someone can assist with, is this:
    Is there a fuse for the front pump? If so, where is it located?

Everything we've found online is very vague and implies that there isn't a fuse.

Thanks!

2. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

When you engage the pump with the switch, can you hear it running and nothing is simply coming out? Or is there no pump sound at all?

3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, I'm almost certain that the front and rear share a power source. So if the rear works, it's likely not a fuse.

These are a pretty simple circuit, and the pump is by far the most likely component to fail. It sucks that they're no longer in the engine bay, so you have to get the car up in the air and peel back the front of the fender liner to get to the pump. I'd buy a new one (I've had good luck with aftermarket ones, they don't come with a molded electrical connector, just a couple spade terminals, but they're about 1/10 the price of an OEM) and get in there. Put a multimeter or test light across it and have someone push the button and see if you get power. If you got power and no fluid, you need a pump.

4. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone.
    Thanks everyone.

We could not hear the pump running when the switch is engaged.

My brother will be replacing the pump.

Out of curiosity: Where is the fuse located?

Thanks again!!