wiring question

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by 02blubru, Jan 12, 2010.

1. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

Does amyone know how I would go about wiring my stock fogs to be on with just parking lights and not turn off with my highbeams? I have. A 2005 legacy 2.5I the on off swith for them is on the left stalk just like the headlights.

Thanks

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Basically you need to use a different feed wire for the stock relay. On our old bugeyes, it was a black/green wire that you cut and just hooked up a parking light wire (if that's what you want to use) to the relay and they worked fine. And from what I have been reading, it sounds like even on my fxt it is a black/green wire that feed the relay. So it might be the same on the Leggy.

Russ

3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

probably similar to the last time you asked ;)
    http://mnsubaru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30459

I don't have a FSM for a legacy quite that new, so I could be wrong. but on every factory subaru fog light system I've seen, the system gets constant power, and the relay gets grounded through the headlight switch. give the relay a ground, and then it'll work all the time.

4. 02blubru

thanks russ, so you are saying just take the power signle to the fog relay and reroute it to the parking light supply line... makes sense... I will check it out tonight.

last time was for an fxt and it had a fog light over by the cruise button, this has the switch on the turn signle stalk.

Which pin on the relay would I ground???

5. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

yea, just busting your chops ;)

I'm betting even though stuff is in a slightly different location, it probably works the same way. after work tonight I'll see if I can track down some diagrams and confirm that.

6. 02blubru

Thanks chux... I will see what I come up with tonight with my volt meter and such..

7. 02blubru

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35066&highlight=100%25

this seems to work. Not sure what the wiring is, but I have full control of the fogs, as long as the ignition is on I can turn the fogs on. they still go off with high beams, but thats because my ground connection to bypass that came undone when I put the car together.