Wondering!!!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Ron, May 12, 2016.

1. Ron

Ron Member

So, I just purchased a house and planning on renting out one of my stalls in my garage out to the right person for winter time only. I am wondering what is a good price point should I look at. Some info on the garage, it is heated and is fully insulated finished and will be set at 65 to 70 Degrees. I am trying to get a good figure out a good price I would charge. And also I anyone know a person that is good at writing up contracts?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

JuStaWRX likes this.
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Storage space that will fit a car runs anywhere from $50-$100/month. With it being heated, i would say somewhere in the middle. Are any cars going to be pulling in and out of the other side? Because i would pay less if i knew that there was going to be alot of action around my garaged beauty queen. :p

We charge $100/month for a two car garage with no heat or insulation(unfinished). So around $50/stall. With yours being heated, with 'no to little coming and going' in the stall next to it...i'd say $65-$75/month would be a fair number.

You should be able to pull up a simple lease agreement from tha intrawebz that you can print out and use. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Quick Google search led me to this...
    image.png

3. Ron

Ron Member

There may or may not. I am debating to store my car in there and get a winter beater.

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

None, i'd say $75/month.
    With some, i'd say $65/month.

5. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Roughly where is it located? :)

6. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Kids on the premises?

7. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Haha. Wouldn't have thought of that.

Dogs and cats, too?

8. Yekim

Yekim Member

The state's attorney general website has tons of info about renting which I've used for an old home which also includes info specifically about charging for a parking space/garage if I'm not mistaken. It might be worth a look to ensure you understand all the issues that can arise. Clearly a seasonal garage spot isn't as significant as a home, but landlord/renter rights are probably interpreted the same for a garage only lease, especially when it comes to damaged property.

Also, the Minnesota Multi Housing Association has printed and electronic forms that serve as the gold standard in court (mmha.com).

tangledupinblu likes this.
  9. Ron

Ron Member

Dogs will not be around the cars.

West St. Paul "Not actually the West Side of Saint Paul"
    And yes there is a kid at the house but he ia disabled and not mobile.

10. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Now I'm sad. Seriously. I'm sorry.