Wooo Wo!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Tcat55371, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tcat55371

Tcat55371 Well-Known Member

Just bought a low mileage XT Turbo motor from JDM Exchange. Should be here around the weekend. I'm getting tired of this smoking whenever it wants to and fighting my turbo issues. It's supposed to have under 50,000 miles he says anyway. Get a 6 month warrenty atleast. Not sure what I'm going to do with the turbo's I have, just want to be done with this issue. I like the car to much to let it go to pieces. I still dont think it's the motor but at this point I don't care, just frustrated with it. Can't figure out why the dip stick keeps riding up out of the tube, have changed all my pvc hoses and whe I drove it up to the North Shore couple weeks ago it only used 1/4 quart of oil for almost 600 miles. I drive it in the stop and go to work and it uses 1 qt per 230 miles. Still believe the turbo is blowing it out cause it will smoke at stop lights sometimes. Anyway, it's soon to be over. :)

Just had to share. :) Now I will just need a paint job lol

Also since I'm getting laid off on the 17th, I will have something to do now. ;)

2. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

sweet! do you think a TD04 will be going in with it?

congrats! and hopefully it'll solve your problems one way or another.

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your lay-off. Is Princeton, MN shutting down because the Vampire guy left?

4. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

congrats on the engine, sucks about the job

5. Tcat55371

Tcat55371 Well-Known Member

LOL

Nope Princeton isn't shutting down. I work for Carlson Companies in Plymouth. They OUTSOURCED us. I have something lined up but it's ½ my pay now. I have been here to long (15yrs) and my wage was pretty high for what I do. I want to get out of computers all together so a big pay cut is a comming.

As for the TD04 swap, I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not. If I dont, Austin has first grabs on all the parts for the swap and if he don't want them I will list them here for what I paid for them.

Looks like I will have 2 stock IHI turbo's also. The motor comes with one, I have noe in the shop thats supposed to be done today being rebuilt and I have to one thats on the car now.

Anybody interested in a 86 used turbo EA82 motor and turbo? :)
    You could go thru it out of the car and have a good motor. I just have never tried to rebuild a boxer.

Will let ya know how it turns out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.