WRX is Number 1 :-(

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Vila, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Vila

Vila New Member

2. devildevil

devildevil Well-Known Member

My wrx is WAY cheaper to insure than my 4.5 year older then it audi was. The wrx, im sure including rates for sti's as well being a wrx model, is enjoyed by its drivers and when enjoying a car, **** HAPPENS. its part of the game, so are the insurance rates. as the saying goes... gotta pay to play! if you want to save $ on your wrx insurance, buy a beater and insure your wrx as a "pleasure vehicle". i dont know how much i believe that list because the SRT-4 and the evo do not show up anywhere on it and those cars are DEATH expensive to insure. Maybe subaru is insuring the rally cars and claiming them after roll overs ;) lol i think i pay more to insure my 03 f350 then i do my 02 wrx for the record.... ($148/month) im excited to see how much it goes down after today :)

3. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

To quote that article:

"That may ultimately be the problem with the WRX - it's not the car, it's the people who drive it. "

I'd agree with that. For every good, sensible WRX driver, there are 5 idiots that drive like jackholes.

4. Mr. Derek

Mr. Derek Well-Known Member

Shinanigans- also way to call half of the people on this site jackholes

I wonder if they grouped all of the Impreza WRX's together for this because I would imagine STI's would have a worse accident rate.

5. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Um, what's your point?
    I would wager the opposite. STIs are more expensive and thu are not as easily afforded by younger, more jackhole-ish drivers.

6. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Its the fact that the bugeye is now "cheap" - aka under 10 grand easily. Now more fools are getting them

7. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

The article said it was the 05-07s that had the highest rates. I can believe 06-07 because that's when the 2.5 became standard, but not sure why the 05 is included. Then again, maybe the list was only for cars 4 years old and newer.

Meh.

8. sickwagon04

sickwagon04 Active Member

get a WRX wagon way cheaper to insure cause of the whole wagon thing!!!!!!!! i was shocked when my insurance was only $63!!!!!!!!!! but i am 28 and do have quite a few speeding tickets, and a few other traffic violations.....

....oh and thats full coverage........

9. Treylizardo

Treylizardo Active Member

My 08 STI is cheaper to insure than my 07 was, what with it being a station wagon and all...

10. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 Well-Known Member

Just bought my 02 WRX, it was SHOCKINGLY MORE EXPENSIVE than my 03 Mazdaspeed Protege. I also got a quote for a 2004 wrx and 2004 STI, as I was shopping both cars too and they had the same rate (sti wasn't any more expensive), but they were quite a bit more than my 02.

Basically, yah, WRX was really high.

11. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

I think that is a lowball estimate of this crowd.

12. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

:lollollollol:

Older cars are nice. I pay less for a year of coverage than most people pay for two months on their GD.

13. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

Technically, it's a 5:1 ratio we're talking about here. That's not half. That means 80% are jackholes. :) I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

14. EBR15

EBR15 Well-Known Member

Who gets a WRX to save money on gas? This article rages me. I wonder if this means my insurance will be going up.

83%

15. tjamz

tjamz Well-Known Member

my STi & WRX are both fully covered w/ a $500 deductible for under $100/month...total ($52 for the STi, $45 for WRX). No idea what those guys are talking about on that site.

16. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

You live in Fargo where there are like 8 cars on the road in the entire town at one time. Insurance is always going to be cheap there.

17. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Maths pwn...

18. tjamz

tjamz Well-Known Member

But like 1 in 20 is a WRX it seems. I've also owned a Camry, Tundra, Murano, Rav 4, and 3/4 ton Chevy during this same time. All of them cost more to insure than the WRX/STi. I blame my low premiums on me being old and married.

19. putz

putz Well-Known Member

well, jackholes we tend to be.... sometimes.

Everyone has their moments.

I pay $33.00 every 6 months for my 93l impreza, (not full coverage, but who the hell would put full coverage on a beater like this?)

20. mrrhode04

mrrhode04 Well-Known Member

When I got my STI I was looking at WRX's and the wrx would have cost me more

21. jon102034050

jon102034050 Well-Known Member

Insurance is kinda strange when it comes to quotes. I got quoted $450/ 6 months for an 06 WRX, pretty good considering im a 21 year old male... That was for full coverage and $500 deductible as well

22. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

The obvious answer to this problem is that everyone should just WRX swap GCs for better insurance rates. ;)

23. xBrian

xBrian Well-Known Member

My 05' lgt is olnly $5 more a month then my 05' xb with full coverage. For 150 more horspower thats pretty awsome when you think about it.
    I'm also going to be 30 in less then a month. I've had 2 tickets, one for speeding and one for parking.

24. Mr. Derek

Mr. Derek Well-Known Member

No way! Through who? I checked around when I was 20 and got my 06 wrx and I ended up paying 350 a month.