WRX Sedan Vs. Wagon?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Paul Revere, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

What do you drive and why? What do you think of the opposite model? Pro's and con's of either model?

2. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

It's easier to have s3xytime in the wagon. :p

3. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

it's easier to shove big tires under teh sedan.

4. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

Yes, I shove wide tires under my sedan. MMMM GRIP!

5. bummpy

bummpy New Member

It's easier to shove big tires into the wagon.

6. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

fwiw, I've run across far more sedan owners who've told me that they wished they got a wagon instread. I've never run into a wagon owner who wished they got a sedan.

I <3 my wagon, hehehe.

7. jdmspecWRX

jdmspecWRX Well-Known Member

Wagon = Extra Utility
    Sedan = Looks

I'm happy with the sedan. I like the bulging fenders and the extra track width. Its more aggressive. I don't use the trunk or carry large loads very often so it doesn't bother me. The wagon has the added sleeper effect. Either way, its a coin toss.

8. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

[FONT=&quot]Wife? Husband wants turbo, but wife wants extra utility....mix them together and what do you get?? A wagon...at least that's what happen to my friend, he owns a Legacy turbo wagon!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

[/FONT]

9. Sky58

Sky58 Well-Known Member

I'm single so a sedan is in for me. When I have a wife and kids, I'll go for a WRX Wagon so I can fit the fam in the car and still haul ass :biggrin:

10. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

lgt wag for me in the future, the lady will get a tribeca, then i'll have this little beast for beating on and wooping assp, (when finished)

11. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

Sedan = Bringin' Sexy Back

I love the looks of the sedan, the WRX spoiler and the wide fenders! :cool: Never been a fan of the grocery getter/soccer mom look of the wagon...

Also the lesbian appeal isn't what I was looking for... Although I love women, so does that make me a lesbian!!! :laugh: :laugh: (just kidding, I think a lot of the crew in here have awesome looking wagons, just not for me)

Cheers to all Subi owners though! :cheers:

12. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

I have a sedan,

and can fit a 10' foot lader in the car.
    (pass seat down, and rear seats down)

so, I sould have got a wagon.

13. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

I'm looking at getting either one but the wagon has these added features; less money for insurance, less overall money for vehicle (have found that there priced lower online), wouldnt get those honda's racing me (as much), or the cops looking at me as much.

14. Steve-o

Steve-o Administrator Staff Member

No wife, no kids, no reason to own a wagon. :eek:

15. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Wagons are great sleepers.

And the **** I've moved with mine (lumber, concrete block, tools, 16' decking boards)...

16. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I think wagons are more for people who want the utility and are willing to trade it for the looks. You give a little and take a little. The performance differences are minimal between the two.

It's kinda like choosing to wear a back pack to class or carrying your books to class; both examples get the books to class, both doesn't affect your grades by much, but wearing the backpack makes you look more geeky and less jocky. I guess...

17. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

I wanted performance and utility. Had I wanted looks, I wouldn't have bought a Subaru. :laugh:

18. PRA4SNO

PRA4SNO Well-Known Member

My next sooby will be probably be a wagon, although dont hold me to that.

The extra utility would be awesome. That and the get up and go of a turbo motor would be great, especially in a very descrete package.

19. Macx

Macx New Member

At least with the company I am using, the WRX Wagon and the N/A Impreza Wagon get the same lowwer insurance rate (I guess cause all the kids that wreck stuff buy sedans lol). But that was just an added bonus after I made my choice. The real reason I went wagon has to do with a Great Dane that is very involved in my life. I cut a (deep pile) carpet scrap to fit the back with seats folded down, so she hangs on through corners better. She loves it. It has also been a kick butt car for work. I'd loe to see the wagon with fender buldges, I think that is all I am missing out on. For a couple hundred dollars less a year though, I guess I can do without.

20. bummpy

bummpy New Member

Personally, I think the wagon looks better. I couldn't agree more that if I was going for looks, subaru probably wouldn't be at the top of the list and I think, in sadan form, the wrx just looks like another japanese econobox (when stock). I think the wagon brings a more unique look to the table.

I'm biased though, because I've always been attracted to the hatchback form factor.

21. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

People are talking about utility.... Well, my sedan has about 40x more storage space than my former car - Fiero GT. Storage spaces were whatever I could stuff behind the seats. No back seat, MINIMAL trunk. I had to haul my GOLF CLUBS in the passenger seat. I would go nuts if I had a wagon to haul that much stuff in!

22. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

I bought a wagon because I needed something large enough to move my tv.

23. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

They both can be modded the same way.
    I bought mine because of what I do, fishing/hunting/outdoors.
    The wagon even helped me get my EJ22T home with all my tools and air compressor!!! No need for a truck! Some of you guys have seen me with my motor at Firestone. hahahaha

24. ScandiaWRX

ScandiaWRX <font color="#f8467d">Rally Demi-goddess</font>

I love my wagon. It's stealthy, except for the WRB, the exhaust, the tint (hmm... so much for stealthy). Well, I can carry all my stuff, dog, golf clubs and other people all at the same time. The wing on the back of the sedan is too much a cop magnet.

25. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

The wagon's lack of aluminum front control arms for an 06 kind of sucked, but the didn't want to make separate pieces for the different track widths. LOL @ 2007 owners though, they don't get them in the sedan either since aluminum prices went through the roof.

For me, I think in the newer body the wagon looks better. The 06+ especially as the curvier and sleeker front section doesn't match the stumpy and blocky back section at all anymore. It worked a lot better with the 04-05 front end as a sedan imo. the 06+ wagon carries the sleekness all around.

I've owned a GD sedan, GC sedan and GD wagon, and the GD wagon kicks both of the sedans arses in terms of useability. The day after i got my wagon i loaded 20 boxes into it and went down to my storage unit, in my sedans I would have had to make two or three trips. I don't worry about the cops so much and the insurance savings really do add up to hundreds of dollars a year. I also like not having riceboys rev at me at every damn stoplight.

plus, there's this:

[​IMG]

26. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

I've got one of those brackets too. :)

It would be rice on a Civic with a 105hp and a fart can. I figure it isn't rice with a Stage II, but I'd love to really back it up with a 16g. At least.

27. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

I had a RS coupe, now I have a TS wagon. The looks of the RS were way better, but I like the wagon more. It drives pretty much the same and the utility of the wagon is wonderful. Plus, I don't care much about how my car looks. Function over form.

-S

28. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

I hear you take a lot FONG!!!! :biggrin:

ps.. Ray told me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.