WRX Wagons?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by SquidWheelies, Aug 6, 2009.

1. SquidWheelies

SquidWheelies New Member

I'm a Newb and I'm lookin for crashed rides on CoPart and I'm finding a lot of wagons. Are they pretty much identical other than the extra body parts on the back? I'm not concerned about looks I just want to drive. So I'd buy a wagon if it would perform the same. Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

The wrx wagons are in fact far superior compared to the sedans. :) They look better, haul more stuff, cheaper insurance, don't attract as much attention (unless you buy a yellow one) and they do perform just as well.

Ok, they're basically the same, same engine, drivetrain, etc. The body is different, the sedans also have wider flared fenders front and rear and slightly wider track width due to the suspension control arms being a bit longer. The wagon weighs a bit more I think.

you can check out www.cars101.com, it lists the specs for the different year imprezas.
    http://www.cars101.com/impreza.html

2003 specs
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/impreza2003.html

3. SquidWheelies

SquidWheelies New Member

sick when i get more time ill check it out. I can't wait to get my first suby!

4. prodriver1

prodriver1 New Member

wagons ROCK! i love mine so much i bought three! only one is upgraded but its a blast i love racing the wagon. people are often shocked a wagon can be so fun.

5. vanddelor

vanddelor Well-Known Member

ask fuji

6. Ntxhuav_Khang

Ntxhuav_Khang Well-Known Member

Was just about to type that too! Love the wagon look more too!

7. Dirtywagon

Dirtywagon Member

wagons are awsome tyvm! buy one...and buy a bugeye one!

8. j4ngl35

j4ngl35 Well-Known Member

+1

Never before thought I'd love a wagon so much, but it was literally love at first sight when I found mine at the dealership. So much more utility, it's got practicality and performance all in one awesome package! :biggrin:

9. Moj

Moj New Member

Wagons are great! :biggrin: I think they look the best lowered too. :biggrin:

10. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

you won't regret. I never did :)

11. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

I've been kicking myself for a long time wishing I had bought a wagon instead.