WRXs and BASS

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by JustBlaze, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustBlaze

JustBlaze BANNED

im gonna put some subs or a sub into my sti, im wondering what others have expierienced with sound quality from a sub in a suby trunk. Vibrations, deck rattles ect. Let me know all you know about subies and soundS!!!!!

2. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

I had a Rockford Fosgate P3 in there with a 920 watt Kenwood amp, it sounded damn good inside. Could hear it outside, but not that loud. I would've put my other P3 in there with it, but I still don't have an amp for it. Of course it'll rattle like any other car if you have enough power to it. The P3 didn't really rattle too much, but enough to know it wasn't a normal everyday rattle. You could tell it was from a sub.

3. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

i have a infinity 1220. its getting 350w RMS, and it hits pretty good in my GC. it sounds nice inside the car (although i do have the fold down seat). i have noticed that the trunk lid rattles and my spoiler rattles. not audible form inside the car but from teh outside its annoying.

i have also had a Rockford Fosgate Power HX2 in my car, getting 1000W RMS. that thing hit! it rattled like crazy in my trunk, but in the passenger area no rattles (atleas on the inside) and DEAFening bass.

IMO suns sound good in subies, the trunk will rattle. the worst part of having a sub in a subie is the ting sliding around when you corner hard (broke my 1st amp this way).

4. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

You should try throwing that thing in a hatchback.. When I swapped my P3 into my Eclipse and turned it up ALL the way for about a minute, then turned it down; my hearing got really really quiet for a good 15-20 seconds. :lol:

5. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

the trunk does ok, i put accumate on in the spare tire well and it helped.
    the upperdeck has a buzz somewhere.
    i'm running a tripple 10 enclosure with i think 250 watts. (???)
    it's heavily filtered and sounds full when in the car.
    6 feet from the car with the windows up you cant tell at all how loud it it.

the worst part imo in the car is somewhere inside the pass front door.
    i have soundproofed it sooooo many times.
    what really helped was hitting all the plastic fasteners with a flexable silicone.

i have to open it again i think something has worked loose.

6. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

DONT DRILL UNDER THE SEAT FOR THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive seen 4+ stis come in because they need new gas tanks because of incompitent best buy people.

7. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

If you're already adding the weight of subs, add some dynamat to get rid of rattles. I had 2 12inch 350rms subs in my 02 2.5rs, no rattles and it hit damn good, just weighed the car down like crazy. That was without dynamat, and I don't have a spoiler.

8. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Your never gonna escape rattles as DiscoPope has experienced. I have had my subs in my car for three years now in my WRX and from day one I have had a rattle. I have dynamatted my car countless number of times as well but I always run into something still rattling. My biggest problem is with my passenger doorcards not sitting right and something continually working loose in my rear one

9. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

I took a completely different approach... A single 8" RE8 (2ohm) in the rear deck, with a sealed enclosure running off the sub channel of a Kicker KX700.5 amp mounted in the trunk. I built a box, cut an appropriately sized hole in the rear deck, bolted the box to the bottom of the deck and mad a custom rear deck cover out of the original cardboard and fiberglass. It is completely sealed from the trunk, so obviously no trunk rattles. The only issue I have is with the door speakers. The speaker actually hits the door panel on full excursion, slightly, causing a buzz. Also, the door panels vibrate enough to be quite annoying at moderate levels. I am considering making a custom door panel to eliminate that....

10. r32657

r32657 Well-Known Member

Sealed 10 inche box. 10 inch MB Quart driver, replaced 700w Pioneer amp with JL Audio putting out 300w? can' t remember. Fills in the mid and lows well. I don't crank my system, so I was just looking at accuracy of sound for my setup. Sound is great, now may upgrade the drivers in the doors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.