WTB - 2015+ STI in Blue

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by derrian, Jan 2, 2019.

1. derrian

derrian Active Member

Probably a 'long' shot but my poor MS3 was hit on Christmas day and the shop thinks it will likely be totaled :( Either way my husband is not big on fixing it due to the damage and safety concerns with a baby in the back and soon to be another.

SO looking at getting a 2015+ STI in blue. I'd love a Limited but price is where it is at for me.

Needs to be under 60k miles, lower the better because we want as much factory warranty left as we can get. I put on about 20k miles on my cars a year. And the big spoiler and leather/alcantara seats would be a very high on my list of wants ;).

Any leads, let me know. Looking to buy next week hopefully. Willing to travel. I'm currently looking at some in NY, so distance is not an issue.

02subbieRS, tangledupinblu and Aegis like this.
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Don’t “settle”! I went to Newark New Jersey for my car. You’ll find what you’re looking for! Good luck!

3. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

I just sold mine to Fiat of Mpls, though its over 60k. I do have a Cobb intake w/ Box, invidia DP and AP for it if you are looking to do mods. >.>

4. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

Giulia Q thing?

5. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

Not a fan of the giulia, had a few in at my body shop and they are nasty to work on. Got a 16 SHO, works a little better for the family.

6. derrian

derrian Active Member

Haha thank you! I don't want to. But I do need a vehicle quick since borrowing one now ;) Luckily husband is a stay at home daddy, so flying someplace quick is not a prob. I see a nice one in NY BUT the guy is not messaging me back... punk ;)

7. derrian

derrian Active Member

Funny! I'm guessing it is this one since I just looked at it.
    https://www.lutherauto.com/used/Subaru/2015-Subaru-WRX+STI-0aca173c0a0e0ae85513f9f62d07320c.htm

I may go look at it. Anything notable on it? Damage, issues? Lots of hard launches ;) I'll need an AP for sure but mainly I'll need a roof rack and a Thule pod hahaha.
    Miles are higher then I want, but no traveling is nice as well. To bad they don't offer the extra warranty like Walser does.

8. tangledupinblu

Do you guys have the white, right hand drive RS? I feel like i know you and the hubby.

9. derrian

derrian Active Member

White RHD STI Type R ;) Yes ;) Also the Black MS3 (That is now dead) and a Rotary Miata (and a few others that don't move yet)
    We used to run the Sonic meets of years ago lol.

10. tangledupinblu

Hahaha! I used to come down with Derp to the Wednesday night meets at Carbones. I remember you guys, it’s been awhile! I only made it to a couple of the Sonic meets. Enjoyed our little group on pizza nights tho!

02subbieRS likes this.
  11. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

I've actually never launched it, and there is a little nick on the roof that I touched up (rock from someone in front of me) Other than that it is a strong runner. I usually had the maintenance done at White bear subaru or JM. Also if you have kids, they'll love it, my daughter always loved it when I did a little 2nd gear pull getting on the freeway ;).

12. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

I left the Kartboy Short throw in it also, i can give you the stock one if you end up buying it and want a longer throw.

13. derrian

derrian Active Member

A 1.5 year old and another on the way :) Going from a MS3 hatch to a sedan will be interesting ;) BUT Dads on NASIOC say 3 baby seat will fit in the back of this thing haha. Roof rack and Thule will prob be in the near future.

Going to go look at it today. Miles might be too high for the husband, but we'll see what extended warranties we can maybe buy from the dealership.

14. derrian

derrian Active Member

We still eat out every Wed ;) Just change up where we go every week now. Small, group, but it is fun :D

02subbieRS likes this.
  15. derrian

derrian Active Member

Car has been bought! GotGrips old car was bought with some added warranties from the dealership. Great deal, I was really impressed with Luthers pricing and the Sale/Finance guy we dealt with at the Alfa/Fiat location

16. tangledupinblu

Congratulations! Time to test fit the kid seats!:D

17. derrian

derrian Active Member

Thank you! PLanning on picking up the Radian 3RXT since 3 will fit in the back seat of the STI if I ever need that many lol ;)

18. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

I can assure you that the Graco 4-1 seat fits forward and rear facing with enough leg room for a 6'4 person in the passenger seat, just barely, but its enough!

19. derrian

derrian Active Member

Love it! We had the giant Recaro baby seat and it was a squeeze in the passenger front with that thing behind it. Was slightly worried about baby seat #2 and how it would all fit for my husband driving. He is about 6'. But our son will be super close to 2 by the time baby #2 comes, and could go forward facing if need be.

20. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Subaru's + car seats + being tall = suck.

21. tangledupinblu

Sounds like you need a BRZ!!?

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  22. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Congrats Joelle. Tell Erik I say hello.