WTB FOAM AIR FILTER OIL...

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by Substeroo, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

First of all, how can I wash a Perrin foam air filter? Just in the sink with some dish soap? Second, does anyone have oil for these filters?

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Just use the stuff for a k&n filter. The oil is just there it collect the dust particals. i would try out the k&n wash and oil. You can get it at Dennis Kirk (snowmobile and wheeler parts in rush city) real cheap. Yoy can drive up there of call them.

www.denniskirk.com

Russ

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I've heard that Amsoil foam air filter oil is more tacky than the K&N. I use that on my Amsoil air filter, and it doesn't run for too much $$. I forgot the price, but it's about $10. Russ, don't you recommend it as very good filter oil? It's designed for foam filter applications.

If Russ isn't supplying them, you can get it from John Blake, an older fella that's quite into Amsoil, in Saint Paul. He is located on the SE area of hwy 61 (Arcade St.) and hwy 36. Frost and Larpentur, walking distance from AMF bowling, if I remember correctly. He is in the yellow pages under the "oil" section. Very honest man.

Heck! I have a bottle at home! If you would like to try it, let me know.

4. Substeroo

Thanks guys, I was at Checker today and almost bought the K& N recharge kit but couldn't get a straight answer wether it was safe for foam. So, I didn't get it. What do you guys think about the cleaner?

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

It is safe for foam. I have done it myself, but check around before you buy the k&n stuff. If you want, I can get ya the amsoil stuff also. When I get home from work, I will post the price for ya, I was only thinking it was around $5 or so.

Russ

6. Substeroo

COOL

Thanks Russ, that would be great.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.