WTB lower control arms - '02 WRX wagon

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by Bugeyejake, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Bugeyejake

Bugeyejake Member

I don't think at this point I'm in DIRE need of replacing my LCAs, but they're a bit rusty and if I'm going to be doing coilovers I feel I should do the control arms while I'm there.

This might seem silly, but I've done a lil bit of research and found an 'out of stock' part here for $50 each:
    https://www.carid.com/dorman/front-...pn-522-016.html?singleid=79757029&url=5688559

Buuut I found a Subaru parts dealer online that has em for .. $200 each?
    https://www.subaruwarehousedirect.c...pbXByZXphJnk9MjAwMiZ0PXdyeCZlPTItMGwtaDQtZ2Fz

Anyway I'm new to the Subaru world and wanted to know if anyone had website suggestions or recommendations on parts brand to buy. The goal is eventually to do some AutoX with the wagon so if there's anyone that does upgraded suspension parts I'd love to hear those recommendations too!

Sorry for the novel, thanks for any help!

2. SaggyWagon

SaggyWagon Well-Known Member

RockAuto usually has decent prices and is quite reliable! I think it's safe to say most people on here have ordered from there

Bugeyejake likes this.
  3. euro

euro Well-Known Member

I ran some from Rockauto on my 05 outback sport when i did my rear wheel bearings.

Bugeyejake likes this.
  4. Bugeyejake

Bugeyejake Member

I'm only seeing rear control arm components on Rock Auto, but I could be blind.. lol I will need rears anyway and will continue searching for fronts. Thanks for the advice!

5. euro

euro Well-Known Member

oh if you're looking for fronts i would just ebay it.

6. Bugeyejake

Bugeyejake Member

Roger that, found some there. Thanks again for the input!!

euro likes this.
  7. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Go to the dealer and talk to the parts department. There was a recall for that, and as a result, a recall part number for the repair kit. It'll be an SOA635xxx number, and will have both control arms with ball joints in it, and be CONSIDERABLY cheaper than buying them individually.

Bugeyejake and euro like this.
  8. Bugeyejake

Bugeyejake Member

NICE! I had put a used left and right in the cart on eBay and something told me "don't checkout yet" lol glad I checked back. I'll talk to a dealer!

tangledupinblu likes this.
  9. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Found the bulletin in my files.

It's not an SOA635 number....correct part number for the Impreza wagon kit is 20090FE000, MSRP is $152.82. Not bad for OEM arms, ball joints, and hardware.

tangledupinblu and Bugeyejake like this.
  10. Bugeyejake

Bugeyejake Member

That's great, thanks a ton!! I had called up St. Cloud parts to find out about the recall. Turns out my car already had it done at one point lol, but they didn't mention anything about that kit. I'll look into picking it up! You da man, Chux!

Krazylegz1485 likes this.