WTB: Snow Tires

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by TickTack, Sep 14, 2009.

1. TickTack

TickTack Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a set of snow tires that will fit my stock BBS wheels. 225/45/17 I believe.

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

3. carl

carl Well-Known Member

I have a set of almost new hankook w300 ice bears 225/45/17 - they have been used for less than 1000 miles. I need to dismount them off my bbs's first. $250

4. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

If you are looking for very used tires, I have a deal for you. Blizzak LM-22 (225/45-17), 3 years of use, but quite a bit of tread left. $50/set. I can check the tread depth for you, before making a commitment.

Christian

5. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

I had a set of blizzak LM22s one year that had 3/32" tread on them. They worked better than brand new RE92s in the snow. This is a good deal IMO.

6. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

they may be better than re92's but any newer snow tire will out perform these as once they wear down that low, there's no more soft snow compound and you're left with an all season compound.

So i cut out every 8 tread blocks in mine and turned them into rallyx tires that have gotten 2 wins and a 2nd so far.

7. jb05sti

jb05sti Well-Known Member

i have a set of cooper snow tires probably 1000 miles on them, mounted on some konig feather wheels 5x100, $500 for the set.