yellow '93 WRX for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by esperunit, Aug 14, 2006.

1. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

this time it's really going....

I need to sell my car. I just got married and I'm leaving my job, and I need to clear up some assets for a house. Don't worry, it's not the end of subarus for me, I'll be trading in the matrix on a nice 07 WRX wagon if things go ok.

So anyways, the car:

It's a yellow 1993 WRX basically.

EJ20G motor Tuned by TopSpeed
    MRT front mount intercooler
    TD05 16G (no shaft play)
    BPM divorced wastegate downpipe
    MRT exhaust
    17x7 gunmetal rota subzero wheels (rare now, full gunmetal)
    2/3rs used falken azenis 215 tires
    Turbo XS MBC
    Japanese aluminum hood with 22B vents
    Subaru 4 pot front brakes w/ synth fluid and new pads
    New 2002 WRX gearset
    Exedy clutch
    Exedy lightweight flywheel
    Corbeau Forza 2 seat
    2001 2.5RS interior
    Link V4 engine management with PC tune module and hand tuner (hand tuner isi iffy)
    Kenne Bell boost-a-spark w/ magnecor wires
    Walboro fuel pump
    very nice coat of Lexus solar yellow paint
    V5 side skirts, foglight covers, rear spats and spoiler
    freshly painted front end (ice race roughed it up a bit)
    J&S safeguard
    Pivot turbo timer
    Go Fast Bits Mach 1 BOV
    lightweight bumper beams
    Japanese WRX RA tachometer
    WRX swaybars
    Autometer comp lite Boost, EGT gauges
    Fresh spark plugs, one range colder
    Redline gear oil in tranny and diff
    Mobil 1 every 2k miles
    new rear brake rotors (not on car)

Stuff about the car: tuned by topspeed in march, used for autocrossing. runs very well, pulls nice and well, steers inceredibly well. It is a very modified car and the buyer should expect little annoyances of using a standalone ECU. Is not set for idling with AC to save gas stuff like that. The AC still blows stone cold, but you'll have to raise idle from where it is to actually use it because i don't. I can do this for you, it takes 5 minutes or so. It was a 1993 impreza L with a japanese EJ20G motor and a 2002 WRx tranny. It is titled as a 1993 1.8l impreza L currently so as you can imagine the insurance is pretty low.

I will sell it with a stock GC suspension in in unless buyer wants the Cusco Zero2 R's. these will raise the price of the car. I also have the stock drivers seat, i will throw in both seats for the same price so you can use whichever you prefer.

Sold separately: Cusco zero-2R coilovers. less than 5k miles still, almost new. very rare for gc. $1,500

for the car: $13,000
    [email protected]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Imprezme02

Imprezme02 New Member

Very nice, very clean, good luck on the sale, and the marriage!!!

3. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

OMG!!!!
    HE'S BEEN WHIPPED!!!
    The first post after his wedding is him selling his loved little 93 WRX Swap?!?

4. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

I hope this ends up staying around locally as it is one of my favorite cars around town.

5. SenorSubie

SenorSubie Well-Known Member

want a forester for the new family?

we could work out a trade.. lol

good luck with the sale, I wish I could purchase this car...

6. esperunit

don't worry, I'll be tuning the wagon for STU. JIC's, helix swaybars, AP, gutted UP,helix DP, and it should be good to go.

maybe SM in a while when i swap in a VF39 or something...

7. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

No! i love this car. Never seen it in person though. Hope the new owner takes good care of it.

8. carl

carl Well-Known Member

sweet car! wish i could buy it

9. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

You won't need to gut the uppipe...they're catless on the 06's and beyond IIRC :)

10. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Congrats on the mariage. Its a shame your selling this car, everyone loves this thing. sad to see it go, hope it stays local. awesome car! O-BTW: if you part it out i want parts lol.

11. esperunit

also taking offers now. 13k is starting price, i can see what I can do to negotiate. unfortunately not interested in trading for anything or parting the car out.

12. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Bump for a great guy and a cool car. Good luck with the sale, Zack.

13. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

Yea, good luck with the sale Zach, sad to see it go. Another Bump for a Great guy and Awesome car!

14. esperunit

If anyone local really wants it please let me know, i am getting offers from people from out of state at the moment only. I would prefer to sell teh car to a local but not looking likely at this point =[

15. StatGSR

StatGSR Well-Known Member

good luck on the sale zach, u still better make it up to the ice races tho haha.

16. Dynapar

^ yeah, since your new WRX wont be so picky about gas, you should f0 sh0 bring it to the ice race. its not a car unless it has a dent in it somewhere.

ohh and the next car better be yellow or else you might no longer be the hyper banana.

17. 83projectbrat

83projectbrat New Member

F*$# i miss that car!!! i brought that baby home from San fransisco... bought it from a small japanese man hahahah good luck with the sale, i wish i had it back every day

18. esperunit

once i sell it we can get together and commiserate on how much each of us misses it. I am dead sure I will show pictures of this car to my grandchildren and talk about how if i had kept a hold of that car it would have been a classic.

oh well, time for a practical daily driver. Once i sell this car i'll be free to get rid of the matrix and get a new WRX wagon. I want my sleeper back. That's what i decided I liekd so much about my RS was that it was a nice little sleeper and was comfy to drive all around town. So if i get an 06 wagon i'll probably be looking at the quietest header/exhast combo i can find that has good power.

19. esperunit

bump. still on the market.

20. esperunit

Still for sale. price is now $11,500.

No longer comes with the corbeau seat, i am putting the stock seat in this weekend

21. esperunit

Car is going on ebay next week, sick of 45 bajillion people who can't get the money. If you want it locally, now is your best chance.

22. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Wow, this is sad. If I had the money, I'd buy this car right now. Someone should come up with it locally FFS! Seriously, this car is smokin' hot. The HyperBanana must remain in MN.

23. esperunit

well, I have talked to literally 15-20 people so far all of whom have created the idea that they'll have the money soon, none of which actually ends up coming through with any money. I just dont have the time sto chase down requests from 5 people each week who don't end up having been able to buy it in the first place. I have been sick and in and out of the hospital for the last week or so and its just draining to answer emails, follow up on a million questions, send pictures and then have the person make demands about the car (must keep coilovers on, wants weird things done to it before they'll buy) but not ever have the money to actually pay for it.

If someone can buy it who :

a) owns a home. property or has personal value of some kind (can do home equity loan or colateral, or get a loan on good terms)

b) has the money already

That would be awesome. So far, hasn't happened. I'm selling it at the lowest price anyone is ever going to see for a car like this, tere are 2.5RS's on Nasioc selling for more. I really just need to move on at this point and dont want to keep bumpng the nasioc ad for years until someone eventually comes up with the money. I still need to sell my matrix and buy a repacement car and its now that this car has been on the market for a month and I am having health problems I am willing to ebay it just to get things rolling again.

24. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Sorry about your health problems, Zach. Bump for a sweet car, somebody BUY THIS THING!

25. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

zach,
    can you post up a money shot of the engine?

also, how 'iffy' is the handtuner really?

-aaron

26. esperunit

The engine:

[​IMG]

As for the hand tuner, it works when it wants to, sometimes its ok, other times the display doesnt want to work, other times it just doesn't work at all. One of the click lock things for the cable is broken. If I shake it, it makes a rattling noise.

that's why i bought the retardedly expensive breakout interface for serial/usb. the hand tuner isnt much good for tuning the whole car anyways. I just use it to set the idle RPM every once in a while. Any laptop can tune it, the specifications for running the PC tune program are ridiculously low. I'm pretty sure a 100mhz laptop could do the job fine, provided it could run windows to use the program. The software is free and available from the net.

I had the ECU rebuilt into a Link v4 (was a link v1 grey market one when i got it) so it can use the latest Link PC tune program. all of that work was done by Neal from Link USA, who is an insanely helpful man (if not expensive as all hell)

27. Natural2JZ

Natural2JZ Well-Known Member

bump for good, clean car and well built. 4DOOR FTW!

28. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

thanks.
    i'll make a pitch to the wife.

it's almost two times the price she said we could spend, but i'll be sweet on her tonight. :)

roughly speaking how many miles on the car. block?

-aaron

29. esperunit

here is the odo:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/esperunit/DSC01468.jpg

its got maybe 1k more miles than when that pic was taken. That's chassis miles. Engine miles are around 80,000. Tranny miles are around 2,000.

the chassis is in better shape than 95% of GC's i've seen. The engine is still running nice and strong, never had any problems with it so far. You can set the knock sensor to retard timing at a certain level and I always have to prevent it from ever knocking, I dont know exactly what degrees it does it at though, I had someone who was an expert with the J&S safeguard to do it for me. I've only seen i pull timing under really hard loads, but its not knock, its becuase my topspeed map goes beyond what the J&S likes to see. Teh nice thing about the J&S is i tells you how much timing its pulling, i have never seen it go more than 2 degrees.

30. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

ah man...I know how you fell. same as me...before I had few ppl that are interested on my rs, which they assumed to be a potential buyer, but like your situation....they even can't manage their finacial situation. now I got few pple that are proberly buy my car...keep the fingers cross SEROUIS BUYERS ONLY....

31. esperunit

also i forgot to mention, I will give anyone $100 cash if they can find a buyer for the car. If you happen to be the buyer, well you just saved yourself $100. Go buy 24 happy meals or something.

32. esperunit

bump again...

33. vr6t3t4

vr6t3t4 New Member

is this the best handeling subaru in MN

34. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

35. Dynapar

BUMP for a sweet car.

36. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

Couldn't tell ya.. but it's gotta be a close fight between this car, my car, his old one, Larry's 2.5rs and Christian's 2.5rs.

That is of course if their all on street tires...

37. esperunit

yeah its a good handling car.

It's still for sale! $11,500, or $11,000 even for a member of MNsubaru!

Just please for the love of god actually have money. I have had 752 X 10^15 looky loos on this thing, none of them have even come close to having the money =[

38. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Subie GC8 Handling Challenge! :p I WILL dominate! muhahahaha

39. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

go for ebay....good deal