Ziptie Rally Team News!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Scuba Steve, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

It's been a great season and we've learned a lot along the way. Ziptie Rally Team would like to thank all our sponsors for their support throughout the year. We have one last national event ahead of us in Northern Michigan. Lake Superior Rally is the final leg of the 2009 Rally America Series and held on October 16th & 17th.

With Ojibwe Forest Rally behind us and our eyes focused on the remainder of the season we have a few exciting announcements to make.

September 18th
    The Ziptie Rally car will be on display at Loch Jewelers in Monticello, MN from 6-8:30PM. Please bring your friends & family to meet the team and many local Subaru enthusiasts. www.lochjewelers.com

September 20th
    On September 20th Carl Siegler fly's out to Team O'Neil Rally Driving School to take advantage of their four day school. The school is designed to teach drivers how to comfortably handle driving rally cars in every situation. Team O'Neil rally School has taught many of today's top drivers in the sport!! http://www.team-oneil.com/school.rally.htm

October 3rd
    On October 3rd Morries Minnetonka Subaru is holding a Fundraiser for Ziptie Rally Team! The event will include a parts swap for local Subaru enthusiasts and even a Bacon Cook-off!! (Yes, Bacon!) www.morries.subaru.com There will be team shirts for sale, discounted performance parts for sale through Subaru, and raffles/prizes!!! Please stop by, check out the rally car, and say hello to the Ziptie Rally Team.

October 15th
    We're off to Lake Superior Rally. www.lsprorally.com

2. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Go zrt!!!!

even tho you guys cant hang.... haha

3. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

your car has teef

4. Bielke55

Bielke55 Well-Known Member

Green Side Up!

5. mnstilynwrx

mnstilynwrx Well-Known Member

Bomb and good luck to you guys. I look forward to seeing you guys at a few of these events For sure the rally up in michigan and maybe the loch meet. I have some starter questions and about the car.

6. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

And now for the obligatory:

RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY RALLY!!!

7. Scuba Steve

alright!!! It's bout time!:biggrin:

8. mnstilynwrx

mnstilynwrx Well-Known Member

wow looking at the team-oneil school really sounds like a good experiance. Anyone on hear done this before?

9. Scuba Steve

Vector (Mark) on here did it last year IIRC. He doesn't rally though...I don't know the story behind that.

10. Treylizardo

Treylizardo Active Member

I had a friend go through it last year. Before attending, he autocrossed a good deal in an STI. He said that after the first day, he was amazed at how much the STI covered up bad driving technique.

11. Lowrider

Lowrider Well-Known Member

what time does the fundraising start at Morries?

12. WillC

WillC Well-Known Member

13. carl

carl Well-Known Member

it really does... unless it doesn't have a turbo. ;)

14. EBR15

EBR15 Well-Known Member

Definitely true for autox. I still suck, but not many people know it. :hsugh: I wish I had learned in a slower car.

15. ricetiva

ricetiva Well-Known Member

congrats to a great first year!

Carl.. good luck out at the team o'neil school.

and to tzr good luck and see you guys out at LSPR!! hope you guys keep in on all 4 wheels and with no DNFs!!

16. greg donovan

greg donovan Well-Known Member

mark won the trip there through an auction/raffle with specialstage and rally america. he rallycrosses a lot. havent raced against him with since he went but it sounds like he learned a lot.