01 Legacy, 260k, head gaskets & timing belt done - $1300

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Jay, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Asking $1300

Selling my sister's 01 Legacy wagon. Her fiance just detailed it before handing it over to me to sell for them (they know I know Subarus, and people who like Subarus :) ) Was her daily driver the past few years until a nice 2006 Outback needing head gaskets and timing belt dropped into my lap for a steal, so I fixed that up and gave it to her.

The details:
    2001 Legacy L wagon
    260,500 miles
    Automatic

The good:
    - Head gaskets done at ~138,000.
    - Timing belt done at ~234,000.
    - Replaced the front o2 sensor within the past 10,000 miles.
    - No leaks! Seriously, this motor is cleaner underneath than my wife's 01 Outback w/ 220k that I just sold.
    - Oil changed every 3,000 miles with OEM filter and Brotella 5W-30 -- burns some oil, but not much.
    - Keyless entry, aftermarket stereo, A/C blows cold, runs and drives really smooth.
    - Tires are in good shape and come with lifetime balancing and rotating through Discount Tire, which can be transferred to the new owner. Have a set of new General Arctic Altimax on steelies she'll throw in for an extra $400.
    - Comes with Subaru winter floor mats.

The bad:
    - CEL on for P0420, and has been for years.
    - Windshield is cracked across the very bottom where the wipers park. Too low to see when you're driving.
    - Rusty, but trusty! Seriously, it's a really nice driver. She took it to Milwaukee and back earlier this year and got 28mpg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Sold!

Thread Status: