02-07 impreza wagon roof rails

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by euro, Aug 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euro

euro Well-Known Member

These came as spares with the crossbars i just picked up. $50 or best off or trade.
    20210810_083012.jpg

2. pinjasaur

pinjasaur Active Member

Hmm. These should fit a Saabaru, eh?

3. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Yes, to the best of my knowledge the main shell was at least 90% subaru gd.

pinjasaur likes this.
  4. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

If you've got a Saabaru with the factory roof rail "deletes" I'd be more than interested in picking them up if you swap them out. Got a wagon I'd like to try out the rail delete on.

pinjasaur likes this.
  5. pinjasaur

pinjasaur Active Member

My Saabaru is currently out of state being borrowed by a family member. Expecting to have it back before winter winter, so Oct-Nov. Not sure if that fits your timeline.

And more importantly, I had no idea there was a "delete" on these. It sort of has these flush/inset rails that I assume are used to mount actual rails or maybe just directly crossbars. If there's actually parts that make that happen I'd be happy to find them a new home. :)

If I'm reading this right, looks like it's kinda janky pulling the headliner? But I guess that would give access to that "rail" covering the brackets you're after? https://www.saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=32316

Difficult to find proper photos but I'm guessing that @euro 's rails would achieve a look like this? https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/w...-Junkyard-photo-by-Murilee-Martin-800x450.jpg

6. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Pulling the headliner kinda sucks but you can get away with only partially pulling it down. Yes, just like the picture there

7. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Long story short, from what I've read the Saabaru didn't have roof rails like the WRX wagons did, even tho it's technically the same chassis. The parts are interchangeable however so if you have a Saabaru and want cross bars, you put the WRX roof rails on. And vise versa.

I've seen people remove the WRX roof rails and actually legitimately delete them via welding in a strip of metal to cover them and then doing the necessary body work, paint, etc. However, I'm looking to do the easy way and just replace mine with the smooth piece from a Saabaru. Only downside is they're like $75 each side from the dealer and you most likely have to purchase more clips and what not if some break upon removal.

As far as my timeline goes, I'm in no rush whatsoever. It'd be for my track car that's not going anywhere anytime soon. If it happens it happens. Of it doesn't, well then it doesn't. Just figured if you were going to be discarding the OEM Saabaru parts I'd try to snatch them from ya.

Lastly, I've also heard that headliner removal can be a pain in the ass. I have also heard that you can take out the side trim pieces and carefully pull down the sides (of the headliner) only in order to sneak in and access the hardware. My car is already half gutted and will most likely take the headliner out as well, so maybe I'll be able to offer some insight on this later.

8. pinjasaur

pinjasaur Active Member

Sweet, I'm down to send it.

@euro I'll shoot ya a DM.

@Krazylegz1485 I'll keep ya in the loop. Lmk how the headliner goes. :)

Krazylegz1485 and euro like this.
  9. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Sold!

pinjasaur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.