02 wrx or sti

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Speedemon, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

2. Klesk

Klesk Well-Known Member

I got an idea, how about you give me your WRX and I'll give you my impreza L:D

3. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I would personally get the STI, after power mod's it will be more reliable and more fun, though you will have to consider the insurance factor! ;)

4. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

If he's got a WRX at age 16, I highly doubt he's paying for his own insurance.

5. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

16 with a wrx:eek:, you must be spoiled}:), i drove a 91 camry when I was 16! now I'm 19, and carless:mad:

Hmm....If you think you can hang with the big guys then get the STI... The wrx is still a hot car.

6. Speedemon

I started off with a camry myself

7. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Speedemon

I am only 16 <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Dam I had an early 80's blue caravan [xx(]
    (with 2 15's and about 2k watts of other speakers:D)
    yes, I am deaf now....

8. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

at 16, my first car was a 1999 audi a4 1.8t. then a 2000 acura RSX..then a 95 GST..then a 96 GSR..then now a 02 WRX.

9. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by j0hnniz

at 16, my first car was a 1999 audi a4 1.8t. then a 2000 acura RSX..then a 95 GST..then a 96 GSR..then now a 02 WRX.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wow, compare to you guys at 16... you got it good. I had to work a whole summer at McDonalds to be able to afford a car. First car is a 1983 Audi 5000S and yes, I paid for the car and my own insurance under my parents policy.

Back on topic here... I don't know about you (speedemon) but I waited even when the WRX were out and about, still I waited for the STi and when it came... I bought it. I'm very happy with my car, it may not be fast or modded but, it's a beast for me to reckon with and I'm still learning to tame it.

10. Speedemon

I just don't know if i should dump all my money into my 02 when it will not even be close to the sti.

11. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Get a STi, duh!:D

12. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I don't think you can't handle both cars. I have trouble on my RS, it's still monthly payment. But the insurance is kickin my azz cuz of lot of violation points. Everything is about good credit bro, but since you 16 unfortuatly your guardian must co signer it. Three things to have INCOME, CREDIT, CLEAN INSURANCE POINT. If your parents are rich. In the end it really doesnt' matter which car you choose, even though you getting a R34. My decision of this topic STI yo.

13. Speedemon

I wont have both cars, I would just have the STI and i will not sign for it. It would probly be in my Moms name. All i would have to pay are the monthy payment. I dont have to pay rent yet so I think I could afford it with the job I have.

14. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

wanna sale me the wrx?

15. Speedemon

$32,000 would be good for me is that a good deal.

16. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ya, be just like everyone else, get a STI.;)

Russ

17. Speedemon

OK i will be just like everyone else who drive one hell of a car.

18. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

Ya, be just like everyone else, get a STI.;)

Russ
    I might even trade my WRX in to get one (I don't think the trany in my is going to make it)
    Good luck man! And don't forget pictures when you get it going!

19. Speedemon

I guess I am just going to keep my car. I wll still look into an sti later. But for now I am going to dump all of my money into this. Its time to buy suspension. Maybe in a couple of days it will be ordered.

20. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

man you rich boy and only 16.

21. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Evan, no matter what decision you decided to go with. I'm sure you'll enjoy the process along the way.

There's nothing wrong with having a WRX except when you're making a good amount of HP that you'd worry about the tranny. I wouldn't mind having a WRX if I can afford one.

As for now, I'm happy with my current car.

Happy modding!

22. Speedemon

Thanks, I will have to make a few garage days along the way.

23. 2.5RS_Freek

2.5RS_Freek New Member

orrrrrrrr...... you could try to get your hands on a GC8 and replace the drivetrain. :D ok, maybe that's just MY plan. heh. STIs are hot, but I'll choose a GC8 any day of the week. ;)

24. LeiboSTi

LeiboSTi Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that GC8 is perhaps best looking Suby out there! If you plan to add a lot of power - better ge the STi - will save a lot of headaches (and $$) with the transmission in the long run. My first car purchase was a 1979 RX7 with no synchros, and a rusty body. Lots of time at the junk yards and in the garage and it became a sweet car - never should have sold it:(

25. abrogado

abrogado New Member

While you're doing the power and suspension mods...don't forget to upgrade the brakes to cope with it.

26. Speedemon

thats what i was going to do. i am doing the group buy on the brakes

27. MyBlueRex

MyBlueRex Guest

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Speedemon

What do you think would be a better thing to do. Dump a lot of money into my 02 wrx or save my money and get a sweet STI. I am only 16 so I have a very nice car for how old I am but I think if I save my money I could buy a sweet STI. And it might be a lot cheaper in the end just to get an STI. So what would you do.

This is what I would buy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31868&item=4513251597&rd=1

How a 16 yr old can afford an 02 WRX is beyond me.

If money is not an issue, you have to go STi. I just drove one yesterday and it puts my 02 WRX to shame in every way. Well worth every penny.

28. Speedemon

Thanks for your help

29. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

What do you guys with a WRX pay for insurance??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.