04-05 Impreza/wrx/STi passenger airbag recall

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by MNRex07, Jul 30, 2015.

1. MNRex07

MNRex07 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing everyone has gotten this letter in the mail about their passenger airbag potentially blowing your buddies head of like a holy hand grenade of Antioch. I just got mine in the mail yesterday but for those who didn't get it or you just trash all your mail here is a link of what is going on. http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/31/subaru-impreza-saab-9-2x-airbag-recall/ Just remember, according to lawyer talk, you can't have your buddy, guy, friend, or pal in the front passenger seat till you get it fixed. enjoy!

CarpalTomO likes this.
  2. CarpalTomO

CarpalTomO Well-Known Member

Got my letter and recall done earlier this year at Morries Minnetonka Subaru. In and out very quickly. I like how they put down other work that should be done to the car but didn't take up my time trying to sell me on doing it there.

FYI: It was both front CV shafts, oil cooler O-Ring, and valve covers. It was quoted at over $2000 worth of work. thankfully I will be doing all that this august when I pull the motor out.

3. AndyBoyee

AndyBoyee Well-Known Member

Did you just call in to set up an appointment? I got the letter too but it said for me to wait for another follow up letter then I can call in to set up an appointment because they still need to send out or make the airbags. Something like that, kind of forgot what it said exactly.

4. Deathly

Deathly Well-Known Member

Good thing this isn't me hahaha

5. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Yerp, I still need to get over to a dealer and replace my grenade.

6. CarpalTomO

CarpalTomO Well-Known Member

I called the service department at Morrie's Minnetonka and they said they'd order the parts once I gave them the VIN. then they called me when the parts were in and I brought the car in. Almost 45 minutes later they were done already.

AndyBoyee likes this.