04 sti rear speaker size

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Turtl3, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtl3

Turtl3 BANNED

My rear speakers are REALLY starting to rattle. What size replacements do I need to get?

2. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

I think you can fit 5.25 in the back. You can search on nasioc.com or iwsti.com and find a ton of info about what brands/sizes fit and work well.

3. MrMcMonkey

MrMcMonkey Well-Known Member

4's in the back i think

4. Turtl3

Turtl3 BANNED

Hmmm. Well I suppose the best way to determine size would be to take out what's currently in there, huh? I'm not good with speakers, though. Are they just plug and play or should I try and plug them into my amp?

5. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

The stock ones are non-standard. You can fit a 4", but you will need an adapter. It might also be possible to find an adapter that will fit a 5.25", but you'd probably have to modify the door card to get it to fit.

Crutchfield will include the adapter bracket with speakers if you buy from them.

6. Turtl3

Turtl3 BANNED

Is there a walk through online somewhere showing how to take off my door cards? I know subaru likes to use little plastic clips and all that so I don't want to try and do it myself and break a bunch of stuff.

thanks

7. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

The clips are cheap even if you do break them. Just use a putty knife or a really thin flathead screwdriver. Oh, and make sure the door is WARM. Do not attempt in your frozen parking lot.

8. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

I put 6.5 in the front and 5.25 in the rear with no modifications. I just had to drill new screw holes

9. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

This ... http://www.salisburystreet.com/wrx/speakers/

And this ... front 6.5 http://www.iaperformance.com/product_info.php?cPath=44_45_54_56&products_id=1482

rear 5.25 http://www.iaperformance.com/advanc...facturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=&x=0&y=0

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]** Will not fit the following**[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Boston Acoustic S65RC (speaker mounting holes are too close, can not get all 4 screws in)[/FONT]
    • Polk Momo mmc6500 (speaker mounting holes are too close, can not get all 4 screws in)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.