18g Kinugawa TD05H

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by NickGMN, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickGMN

NickGMN Well-Known Member

Here I have my Kinugawa for sale, 8cm hot side (.55), cast 12 blade turbine. Had it on my 04 WRX running 14.5psi most of its life until I got tuned on e85 then a month or so of 21psi. According to the Internet it's good for even more boost. Ran perfect on my wrx only selling to go bigger. No in and out shaft play. These sell new for 900. Does have a possible oil leak. Still unsure could just be blow by as I don't have an AOS. If anyone's interested feel free to message me

Attached Files:

2. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

How many miles, how many money$, and any side to side shaft play?

3. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

The 18G is an excellent turbo, a good fit for both the 2.0L and 2.5L engines. It's not specifically a high psi turbo. It'll make boost in the mid 20s just fine but will roll off a little on the top end with a 2.5L. One major benefit of the 18G is in how well it generates boost in low rpms. It can be a brute down low, and you end up with a broad power band. My 7cm^2 hotside version would try to make 21psi by 2300rpm and ride that surge line all the way up trying to make boost. You could lug it, wait a second or two, and it'll build boost and make big torque, way down low. The 8cm^2 is a little slower, but it will keep you off the surge line. My brother ran the 8cm^2 version. The difference is only about 300-400rpm, and the 8cm^2 will provide a little more top end power.

NickGMN and Scott like this.
  4. NickGMN

Has about 46k miles o 14psi and 4K miles at 21psi, 600 bucks, and no in and out shaft play and just a little side to side. @Cotts612

5. NickGMN

Pending sale

6. NickGMN

Sold!

tangledupinblu likes this.
  7. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

Congrats on the sale! This was the perfect upgrade for a DD. Looking forward to hearing about the next setup for you Nick!

NickGMN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.