1996 Chevy s10 standard cab non step sidebox - $3500

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by 91 Subaru T-Leg, Oct 19, 2014.

1. 91 Subaru T-Leg

91 Subaru T-Leg Well-Known Member

Well guys I know this might not be the right place to post this but Im just testing the waters. So the reason on testing the water. I have recently been looking into getting into a newer subaru. I currently own a 92 turbo legacy that has been my winter/project car. I have two vehicles one is the tleg and the other being the s10. I am currrently looking at getting either a 05 or newer lgt or wrx/sti. I do have my eyes on a specific one right now and have been thinking about posting my much loved s10. As far as history goes I am the 3rd proud owner of the s10 I know the History of the truck back to 05 when my buddy picked it up from a local used car dealer. I have owned the truck since March 2013 and have kept it well maintained.

Heres some Info about the truck
    1996 Chevy s10 base model
    2.2 4 cylinder N/A
    5 speed nv1500
    Rear wheel drive
    Standard Cab non step side 6ft box
    Current miles and will go up slightly since its my summer truck is 84,700

Mods
    Truck has an ss/extreme body kit installed and paint matched to the truck. Its been that way since I bought it in March of 2013
    Truck had a 2 inch lowering kit on it lowering springs in front and 2 inch blocks in rear
    Has upgraded engine fan was viscous fan now its running a electric fan with thermostatic control switch. (give you a little more power and not as noisy and viscous fan)
    After market sunroof
    35% tint on the doors and mirror tint on the rear window
    Fiber glass hard tonneau cover
    Aftermarket taillights
    Aftermarket projector 4x6 headlights with 600k 35w hids
    Aftermarket Pioneer radio with 4 inch infinity speakers in the dash, 6 1/2 inch infinity speakers in the doors
    Has aftermarket alpine MRP-F3oo 4 channel amp with front channel bridged to power a 150w rms/300 peak Kicker slip 10 inch sub and rear 2 channels power 2 alpine 6x9 in enclosures. Sound system is awesome in this truck
    Aftermarket Unique 17x8 inch rims with kumho 245/45/r17 tires right now/ They are going to be changed soon fronts a shot so this will change
    Bed has been roll on bed lined with rino liner

Maintenance done since march 2013
    Oil change every 3 Months or 3000 miles which ever came first with mobile 1 conventional oil with davco oe filter
    New battery at 80,200 3/13
    Rear trans Mount 80,200 3/13 found failed had some good play
    Replace water pump and thermostat changed at 80,200 3/13
    Coolant changed over to green coolant at time of water pump/tstat job
    Front wheel bearings changed with new rotors and brake pads. Rears where inspected have plenty of shoe left and adjusted out at 80,430 4/13
    Plugs and wires at 80,430 4/13
    Diff and trans fluid changed at 80,430 4/13
    New muffler installed at 81,840 6/14 broke at inlet pipe was loud and droning
    Fuel Pressure regulator at 82,470 on 8/13 I was having hard start issue when hot replace fpr and have not had issue since fuel filter was done at 73,000

Pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well I think I have cover a good amount of info in this fs thread If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message. Like I said I am testing the water on my truck. Its been a great truck I would like to keep it but I really liked the subaru Im looking at now and the money from the truck would help as a down payment.
    Now for the Price I would really like to see 5000 for the truck. Like I said its a well kept s10 no major rust spots just one on the tailgate which is really common on s10s, other then that the insides of the fenders are really smooth and clean which is rare for a vehicle thats been here its whole life. To my knowledge the truck has been driven once in a minnesota winter I do have the winter tires for the truck. They are cooper weather masters that where on the truck back in 07 but have been off since then. They have a lot of tread on them and could be included in sale if requested. I also have some extra body kit pieces for the truck. There is a crack in the fiber glass bump due to me backing into a parking block that would be included in the price of the truck. I know this truck is a good starting point for any one who wants to do a monster v8 swap into it. Well if you made it this far thinks for reading my novel

2. 91 Subaru T-Leg

Well I just read my post again and I realized that I failed to mention that it is 5000 or best offer. I know kbb says its worth 4000 clean retail. Its one of the cleanest s10 that ive seen posted and that is still original. I know Im asking more then clean retail and I am open to offers the worst I could say is no. I also realize I'm posting it at the wrong time of the season but I think there might be someone looking for a clean project or sumer vehicle. I do have a storage cover for it as well and a Chilton's repair manual.

3. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

I've seen this in person. Secksay.

4. 91 Subaru T-Leg

Well Truck is back out of storage. Since its back out Im going to test waters again and see what the interest is. Since its been out of storage for about 3 weeks now Ive done the fallowing. Installed new Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ all season tires all around. Truck also got the brake system flushed and bleed. New Front Left brake caliper. Fresh oil plus filter and new Fuel filter. Trucks been clay bared washed and waxed. Dropping price down to 4500 obo

5. Legsaucy

Legsaucy Well-Known Member

Whaaaaatt!? You're selling it? Glws

6. 91 Subaru T-Leg

Just hit 85,000. Its packed ready to move bump

[​IMG]

silver03 likes this.
  7. 91 Subaru T-Leg

Alright I'm bumping it up. Truck is still for sale asking $4000 or best offer. Truck is a great candidate for a ls or small block v8 swap.

8. 91 Subaru T-Leg

Im going to bump it up. Open to offers as long as they are decent. Still asking $4000 OBO

9. 91 Subaru T-Leg

Bringing this Post back from the dead. Open to offers or trades. Asking 3500

10. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Put price in title, hopefully that helps. Might actually consider this myself.

11. mntrek

mntrek Member

nice truck, here's a bump