1996 Triumph Tiger

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by TSTRBOY2004, Sep 9, 2017.

1. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

1996 Triumph Tiger

$1,500
    Carver, Minnesota
    Located in Jordan, Minnesota USA
    $1500 FIRM. this is my bottom dollar and why play games with prices.. at this price anything less I may as well keep it.. I have pitbikes that cost more... ahaha

RED 96 Steamer, 29472 miles on the clock.

Had the alternator bolt replaced a few years back, and a tune up on it.

Currently selling because I am building a car and once that is done I will never ride this bike... being as I have ridden it twice this season.

I bought the bike about 7yrs ago from a guy in Iowa, and have put on less than 5K since purchasing it.
    I love this bike, I never intended to sell it but a guy I know borrowed it and started throwing numbers out to me to buy it...

the more I discussed it with friends and the boss, the reality is it is rarely ridden now and will sit.. I could hold onto it and let my kid have it in a few years so the need to sell isnt desperate. It would just be better for it to be in the hands of someone who loves it more than I...

small issues...
    1. As far as I know the bike hasnt ever been down.. the one paint issue was form me failing to put the stand down all the way at 5am on the way to work stopping to get gas half asleep... I caught the bike as it was going over (I was still on it) but it leaned against a bollard which then cracked the pain on the fairing. grrrrrr
    2. It seems the temp gauge isnt working so I am going to try to figure out whether its the gauge or the sender
    3. Horn button is missing... but you can get it to work at times... as a machinist I may pull it all apart and make a new one.. but Ive always found the middle finger relays the sentiment better than the little horn these bikes have.
    4. drain plug weeps... probably needs a new washer or something...
    5. It no longer has the clock in the fairing, but I made a holder and it now has a power port there.

Not sure what else... bike runs strong.. I always enjoy riding it when I do... but now Im getting back into the fast car scene and we have pitbikes for my bike fix.... the bike is usually dirty as I live on 2 miles of country road whichever way you take to my house...
    any queries or interest you can contact me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]