2.5i heart trasplant

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by 25iguy, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

if you want 400tq, grab an ej255/257, toss on a bigger turbo, lots of mods, racegas, and fly

2. weggy

weggy New Member

Check out www.google.com (A search engine) you'll shoot huge sticky wads once it answeres noob, or simple technical questions you have. I researched this 5 minutes and found multiple forums and knowledgeable write ups regarding your questions. Reading them will help give you a better understanding of what your asking, and you can include information that would help responders understand what you're referring to so they are able to give an input directly rather than questioning what you're trying to ask..

3. Cubby

Cubby New Member

I still wanna know why you wanna hit 180 (mph I'm assuming)?

I was a n00b once too, but I still had common sense.

Most people who build up a car have a clear goal in mind before they start throwing parts on it. Drag race? Autox? Time attack? N/A or F/I? I've never heard anyone serious about building up a car just come up and ask how to reach 400wtq and 180 mph. Seriously. Why? If you were serious about such a build, you wouldn't have asked those things as very simple logic and a few simple random searches on google or whatever thousand subaru sites would have informed you that it would be very difficult and expensive to do it on a 2.5i.... and that there are much easier and cheaper ways to do it on a subaru. Then if you had asked AFTER you did that tiny amount of research, we would have been nicer about helping since your question would sound more realistic after the research.

We ragged on you because of this very reason. Being a n00b is one thing. But having common sense and the capacity to use some simple logic would go a long way towards earning respect in any community.

4. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i would suggest to find a wrecked wrx or sti and go from there, or save your money and trade your car in on an sti (when you have enough) you wont get what you want out of a swapped GD chassis that began life as an n/a car.

5. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

educate yourself by SEARCHING the forums before you do any postings.

www.nasioc.com

www.25rs.com

that will get you started, seach the hell out of those two forums, and come back and ask your questions

6. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

honestly, with how much you want out of the build for your 2.5i you are better off trading it in on a WRX. The cost alone to build that motor and toss boost at it will more than likely offset what you could be paying for a WRX instead. just something to think about, again, i apologize for coming off how i did earlier, but it made no sense to me.

7. bummpy

bummpy New Member

A lot of people around here have bad grammar because they're lazy, some of them have bad grammar because english is their second language, and others because they're idots.

When you're new and people are trying get a feel for which one you are, it's usually assumed you're a retard. Sorry. Maybe if you typed out your post in word first and then copied it, that would help?

Until then, your grammar is going to be a point of judment for a lot of people (rightly or wrongly).

8. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

So you're going to swap the "DOHC" in, which is the WRX you found from the salvage.
    GREAT START!!! Since you haven't put it in yet, put in new pistons, maybe rods. Port the heads, TGV's, swap injectors, get better clutch, bigger turbo, exhaust system to flow the turbo. Pretty much BUILD the motor to be able to handle the 400wtrq. Turboz have to be some FPGreen/GT30R+ size.

Since you're dropping this in, you DO realise that you have to do a harness swap?? This requires taking out the interior to some extent. Then you're set. Tuning will have to be OPEN ECU/CobbAP/ECUTek.....etc. Tranny will have to be a built one or a STi 6spd.

But what's this 180mph deal??

9. Ej22TIM

Ej22TIM Well-Known Member

nobody cares how fast your car is top end, this isnt need for speed underground, however i dont think 400wtq is, given the right amount of knowledge, time and of course money, too far from reach.
    if thats what you want man, I gaurantee everyone here will do everything in thier power to help you or guide you in the direction of the best help.

10. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

FYI, I've spent at least 9K on my '99 Impreza Wagon. This is engine, drivetrain, wheels/tires, suspension, more PARTS. Right now it's just a WRX swap w/ EJ22T shortblock running VF39 w/ supporting mods. This is only as fast as BPU STi's.

11. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

umm fyi im prolly not gonna be doing 180 with ne one so im not doing it for other ppl i just like to go fast

12. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

Well being subaru people as u are, I thought hey maybe they could help i didnt think that was a bad start. this is the begining of my start, and i was comming to mnsubaru cause ud be able to explain it better then a web page

13. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

MNSubaru is a webpage. Nasioc has lots and lots of information, they've been around since the late 90's. Every single idea has been discussed there at least once.

14. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

:laugh::laugh: agreed,

oh wait i already said that :laugh:

15. readymix

Listen, you can keep being stubborn, or you can ask me on AIM for help. I've offered it 4 times now. If you don't take up the offer, then I'm going to assume you are a troll. I've tried very hard to be nice thus far, but you're being ignorant now. People have given you very valid opinions on this subject and I've offered my help also. Either take up my offer for help, or prepare for the lulz-train. By coming here and ignoring the offers for help and the information given, you are simply digging a hole that will likely be impossible to climb back out of. This is seriously, my last offer for help.

16. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Lulz-train!?! lol...I believe it is a one-way non-stop

17. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Once you're on, you can never get off!!:eek3:

18. readymix

One suggestion...don't stand on the tracks.

19. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Actually, feel free to stand on the 3rd rail.

Or is this a steam lol-comotive?

20. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

I'm suddenly glad I didn't take the time to answer the PM I got. What did you do, shotgun one out to everyone in the club?

You're going to need a different drivetrain, plain and simple. I'm also guessing a lot more than 400hp/400tq to hit 180, if there is one thing our cars aren't known for it would be aerodynamics. You'll be expending a lot of power just pushing an Impreza through the air above 100, let alone 180.

Try the search function, lower your goals and for Gods sake, take Jason up on his advice and AIM him. Don't say I didn't try warning you...

21. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

he wont, he didnt come to Firestone last night either, he needs to do some research first for sure.

22. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

I dunno, if Bill hadn't said anything I'd be thinking troll for sure.

23. dipp

dipp Well-Known Member

ha ha flabio told me about that and i had this halrious picture in my head of what it would look like!

24. dipp

dipp Well-Known Member

eaton fuller 10 speed semi truck transmission then you can go 180. but seriously i hope you have a lot of money cause i only made 320hp and 375torque and got alot into my car.

25. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

and you bought a 2.5i?

agh. just go buy something that already is fast since you clearly don't understand anything about what it takes to make a slow car fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.