2 new foresters in less then a week

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by flstffxe, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flstffxe

flstffxe Well-Known Member

The girls Forester = 2.5x black, auto.

I traded the Baja in for a silver Forester, 2.5x "premium package", manual

Damn subaru for not putting rear disc brakes on the base model forester. I can see leaving the lsd out but come on, drums. How cheap is that?

left overs from the Baja are in the for sale section, http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/showthread.php?p=377014#post377014

2. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

I see you finally made a desicion.

3. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm Well-Known Member

Congrats on the 2 new Foresters! If you're thinking about putting a hitch on either one, I've got you covered. I've got a Forester hitch sitting in my garage. It's looking for a new home. I've also got an extra cargo tray (gray) that I'd probably toss in with the hitch. I've got the wiring harness and everything ready to go.

Enjoy!

4. carl

carl Well-Known Member

i'm kind of interested in the hitch - how much? what brand? will it fit an 04?

5. flstffxe

no hitch for me, I have a full size f150 for that. both all ready have the cargo tray, but thanks for the offer.

6. flstffxe

that I did, with no regrets, this one has a warranty, if some thing breaks here suby can fix it:biggrin:. But yea Kelly's Cherokee has been donated so I don't have to worry about working on that. It was beginning to make me worry alot. you would hear it coming and you would think it was a big diesel coming down the road, then you would turn to look and you would see this little Cherokee. That thing needed so much help, rods and mains knocking, flat lifters, tranny never shifted into OD. Oil leaks like no other, dash busted from being broken into twice, needed brakes,steering work.........
    but she says it had character and the forester doesn't have any:(

7. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

not till she drives it through the snow....

8. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm Well-Known Member

PM'd
    Quick answers to questions above: $100 and I'll throw in the wiring harness, Curt, yes.

9. flstffxe

handles almost the same as the cherokee. ass end light with crappy stock tires.
    At least the forester stops in the snow, thats a plus for you if you are in front of her:biggrin:

As for me I have many winters under my belt in a lifted '80 cj5 with 33s and a detroit locker. 84", wheel base, 12.5" wide tires, 2000lbs 400hp make for many unexpected 360s on the freeway in the snow. always cool to see the look on the guys face:eek4: who was behind you now looking at your headlights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.