2002 - Silver "bugeye" WRX Sedan

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by UnquenchableOne, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnquenchableOne

UnquenchableOne Well-Known Member

Hello MNSubaru folk. I wanted to offer up my car to the club before I let a dealership take it. Some of you probably remember her.

I have owned my 2002 Subaru WRX sedan since 18k miles in the winter of 02. Original owner wanted better gas mileage for their commute. Was in flawless shape when I bought it. I mostly upgraded parts as they have worn out. I am selling because I decided to get a new 2017 WRX instead of putting money into this one.

Pictures tell it all really.

It has:
    - 158,XXX Miles
    - boost gauge
    - center console armrest
    - 5 speed
    - tinted windows
    - spoiler

- 18x8 Rota gunmetal grey wheels with summer tires (1 season used)
    - 16x6.5 stock silver wheels with Blizzak winters (few seasons used)
    - Rally Armor mud flaps black
    - Hella Horns red
    - Prodrive shift knob black
    - SPT air intake + spare filter
    - Cobb 3" downpipe with the 2.5" end cut and mated to invidia 3" exhaust
    - Street tuned by club members a couple times (to efficiently handle the parts, always daily driver specced)
    - Cobb lightweight pulley blue
    - stainless steel brake lines
    - Pioneer head replaced after cds were not playing well in original. New head is for Bluetooth phone/thumb drive/usb use, no cd player

Replaced:
    - fluids at 50k and 110k.
    - timing belt and other belts at 110k (dealership did it), said water pump was fine
    - 116k radiator had leak. Replaced with new with a fill hole on top.
    - 132k thermostat
    - 50k i did new top hats, springs and struts.
    - 138k did new top hats, springs and struts again and end links for sway bars
    - 145k CV joint boot up front was cracked, replaced whole part.
    - windshield replaced 2014
    - headlights this year

Issues:

- (recent) fuel tank pressure sensor is turning a CEL on my car. I took it to Subaru and they said not to really worry about it (your choice, CEL is annoying to look at but that is it's only code)
    - brakes front and back. I recently did the front brakes but when I took car in for the CEL, they said front brakes should be done again as well as the back. The back are quite worn. Needs new rear rotors. I replaced rotors in the front last brake change.
    - wheel bearing for drivers front. This is my main concern. Can easily do when doing the brakes. Started making a noticeable sound when driving and should be replaced soon. I stopped driving the car further than a mile because of this. (store is close by and I use wife's car instead currently)
    - AC has a leak. Tried refilling and it lost AC again the same day. mechanics work fine though.
    - hail damage a few years back. I notice it but am always told it isn't very bad. Tried to take pictures that would show it.
    - drivers side front quarter panel has a dent. Turn signal lighting is fine. Didn't happen very long ago.
    - rust in usual spots around wheel well and on the roof of the car. can see in pictures
    - rear view mirror auto dim stopped working due to liquid inside

Overall:

Transmission is in good shape, engine fine, turbo fine, all original. Really did not plan to sell and have loved my car and always treated it with love.

Dealership said they will give me blue book value when my car comes (slow boat from Japan) but I am hoping to sell before that to apply money towards the new car's summer wheels.

Asking $2,800 Or Best Offer - Please only serious offers.

West Bloomington area.

Images

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ryan FailRad, MinnesotaFTW and idget like this.
  2. imprezed

imprezed Well-Known Member

3. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 Well-Known Member

Pm sent

4. thomas franz

thomas franz Well-Known Member

5. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

Also pm'd..
    Cash in hand

6. headrush

headrush Well-Known Member

If it doesn't sell and you feel confident it would make the trip back to AZ I'll take it!

7. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

GLWS. Nice price

8. BugeyedRoads

BugeyedRoads Active Member

Sent you a PM.

9. UnquenchableOne

UnquenchableOne Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. Thank you for the interest in my car. I just sold it to a great guy tonight which is what I was hoping for. He promises to get signed up with the club! Hope to see it in the spotted thread!

Can lock thread. TY MNSubaru ppl!

Ryan FailRad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.