2003 Forester (+ a few LGT/WRX/STi parts)

Discussion in 'For Sale : Group Buy/Bulk Lot/Part Outs' started by Shancaldazar, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

Well, the rust has finally claimed my 2003 Forester, so it's time for a complete part out. I'll list the major parts but just inquire about anything else you are interested in. Prices are OBO. There are plenty of good panels, it is just mostly underbody rust that is beyond what I feel comfortable repairing that made me part out the car.

It's a 2003 Forester 5MT XS with the premium package with the two tone silver (ice silver? spark silver?). Body Colored panels all around. I have more photos of pretty much every individual part, but that is way too many to upload. I'd be more than happy to text or PM you more photos.

Grimmspeed Blue Lightweight Crank Pulley - $75

CSF Radiator (22K miles on it) - $50

Group N Engine Mounts (pair) - $60

Group N Transmission Mount (also will include kartboy transmission cradle bushings) - $40

Kartboy 5 Speed Aluminum Black Knuckleball shift knob (5 oz) with black/red STi center sticker - $20

Kartboy Pitch Stop Mount - $60

Kartboy Short Shift Kit (used, Kartboy lever, rear bushing, front bushings, also with Turn In Concepts upgraded 5MT linkage update and 5MT pivot bushings upgrade) - $140

Kartboy STi front and rear end links (2004 STi)- $120

STi 20MM rear sway bar with mounts and bushings - $60

Whiteline BSF10 22MM solid front sway bar - $100

2005 STi aluminum lateral link, comes with some good hardware too if you already snapped your lateral link bolt (we've all been there, right?) and good bushings - $150

Kartboy Rear Subframe lock down bolts - $10

2004 STi Brake Booster and Master Cylinder ( both used, larger master cylinder and a less boosted brake booster for larger brakes and altogether much improved brake feel). Brake booster does come with the STi vacuum hose and valve. Regular brake fluid flushes. - $100

2003 Forester Front and Rear Calipers with brackets. Front calipers come with Stoptech pads with good life left in them. Rear calipers come with unknown brake pads and rotors. Also will come with pins lubed. - $100

Grimmspeed 091016 Brake Master Cylinder brace for 93-07 Impreza, 03-08 Forester/Baja, 05-06 Saab 92x/94-99 Legacy - $50

Subaru OEM 5 speed manual transmission with rear differential - $300

I'm pretty sure the center diff is on it's way out (not sure why, tires were always matched properly) as after a long drive, there is some torque bind at low speeds. Gears and shifting is good, so if you've got a 5 speed with blown gears, you may be able to swap that center diff into this transmission. Transmission fluid was changed regularly, and just had Mobil Delvac put in it about 2 hours before I found the rust.

4 new KYB SG(03-08) Forester Struts (334342, 334343, 334344, 334343) with used SG Forester Swift sport springs (4F904) - $450

The struts literally have zero miles on them as I was in the process of swapping out the struts when I found the underbody rust holes. The springs are used. I currently have 3/4 springs swapped onto the new struts and will swap the fourth spring to a new strut soon here. These should work one any SG forester and some WRX and SF foresters with maybe swapping out the top hats at the most. Do your research if you're interested.

4 Used SG (03-08) Forester Springs - $40. Approximately 70K miles on these. Good for those who want springs or to lift a WRX or lower mileage springs for your old forester. Again, I know these can be swapped to other years besides SG forester, but not which ones off the top of my head.

Subtle Solutions 03-08 Forester Trunk Brace (knockoff of the cusco sold in Japan I believe, great quality, does interfere with full size spare tires, so smaller spare tire is a must, have a free one if you want it)- $80

Rear disc brake knuckles/hub with new Timken Japanese wheel bearings and seals installed at 110K miles (so 15K miles on the bearings!) with the parking brake disc brake gear, parking brake cable, parking brake level, and working ABS sensors installed. This is the entire bearing housing, spindle, wheel bearing, etc that the suspension bolts into. Great for a rear disc brake swap or a quicker bearing job. Parking brakes functions normally and was serviced when I did the bearing replacement. They will also come with 2008 Legacy GT Spec B Rear calipers with caliper bracket (same as LGT rear brakes AFAIK). No rotors or pads, will come with pins lubed up - $150 for the both sides. Only other thing you should need is pads/rotors to get this up and working.

Passenger’s side front knuckle/hub. OEM bearings with a new OEM balljoint with approximately 25,000 miles on it. $40 for the passenger’s side, driver’s side is free (the through bolt for the driver’s side balljoint rounded off during disassembly, you can drill it out/scrap it/make wall art out of it, whatever you want).

Leather Interior. Front and rear seats (driver's heated seat works intermittently, passengers is fine last time I tested it). Driver's seat with some wear on side but not ripped. All other seats need some cleaning but in good shape - $250

Tail Lights - $60 for the pair, currently have LED reverse bulbs in them for more light when backing up!

Weather Tech laser fit floor mats (front and rear, these are the "bucket" style) and the Subaru OEM rear trunk mat - $60

Eagle High Output Alternator. 200 AMP cold output, 3 wire control, for Saab 9-2 x 2005 2.0L H4/Subaru Impreza H4 2.0L 2002-2005/Impreza 2002-2003 2.5Liter per the guy who makes and sells these, but likely fits other models too. BRAND NEW. $120

EVO Prosport gauges (white/green) with sensors and some adapters and wiring harnesses. $150

Forester OEM Double Din Gauge/Radio Housing - $50

Doors - Let me know if you want them, otherwise won't pull. Minor dents, dings, and one long dent that suspiciously appeared in a parking lot (not a scratch, just a long straight dent) on the passenger's front door. Doors are off-brand dynamatted, albeit not the best job but make a nice difference. Glass is tinted darker in the rear and legal limit in the front. Minor scratching of tint, but nothing all the way through.

Front Strut bar that should fit 02-07 WRX/impreza/03-08 forester/others (may need to move AC lines slightly out of the way)
    Rear strut tower bar that should fit an 02-07 WRX and 03-08 forester
    Pink “ladder brace” that I believe is for a 02-05 WRX and 04-08 forester XT’s. $25 for all 3

Turn In Concepts FCAR (front control arm rear) bushing with the aluminum housing. These are the liquid filled control arm bushings that notoriously fail on OEM subarus. I have TiC bushings that are now discontinued that fit into the aluminum holder piece and then bolt to the control arm. - $60

EJ25 with a MAP and non EGR with 125K miles on it. Left head gaskets done at 75K miles and right head gasket done at 104K miles both @ Morrie's Minnetonka with associated valve gaskets and parts. Timing belt done at 102K miles with a Gates USA belt and all Gates Japanese idlers and tensioners (not the Chinese ones they sell now) and an Aisin Japanese Water pump. This will include the alternator, power steering pump (replaced at 104K miles), AC pump, tensioners, intake manifold, oil pan, plastic intake, etc. Basically I'm selling it as a drop in motor. Oil changes done every 2,800-3,500 miles using a Wix or OEM filter with the 23 PSI bypass valve and a quality oil. NGK Iridium Spark plug and NGK wires done at 75K miles and the wires are in great shape, the plugs are due for changing in 10K miles. Only OEM subaru coolant used and regular air intake and fuel filter changes. Head gaskets are still fine. Consumed about 1 -1.5 quarts between oil changes with highway driving (5 speed manual, so was turning at 3200-3300 RPMs). $700

Car Audio:
    I also seem to have a bunch of car audio stuff that I am collected over the years. Some is used, but most is new. Check out my other thread on this for photos of this stuff.

Free stuff that otherwise will be scrapped:

Front driver’s knuckle/hub (See above, priority for this goes to whomever buys the passenger’s side one) - Rounded off pinch bolt for ball joint, needs to be drilled out

2003 Forester OEM front and rear sway bars with rear sway bar spacer- Good shape

OEM Headers/Mid Pipe

Attached Files:

2. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Uh, dibs on the strut brace package (all 3)! Where are you located?

Edit - possibly interested in gauges if you have a pic of them in action (lit up, haha).

3. Shancaldazar

I literally always forget to put the location...I'm in Plymouth. Also can meet near North Memorial Robbinsdale or North Memorial/Fairview Maple Grove depending on the day.

No photos of the gauges lit up, but they did work when I uninstalled them. I'll send you photos of the strut braces, the mounting brackets are in need of new paint.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  4. Shancaldazar

5. drunknmunky81

drunknmunky81 Well-Known Member

interested in the floor mat. also, would you happen to have rear calipers?

Shancaldazar likes this.
  6. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

pm'd!

7. Shancaldazar

I think I should have responded to all PMs at this point!

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  8. Shancaldazar

Updated

CSF Radiator (22K miles on it) - $50
    Group N Transmission Mount (also will include kartboy transmission cradle bushings) - $40
    Kartboy Short Shift Kit (used, Kartboy lever, rear bushing, front bushings, also with Turn In Concepts upgraded 5MT linkage update and 5MT pivot bushings upgrade) - $140
    STi 20MM rear sway bar with mounts and bushings - $60
    Whiteline BSF10 22MM solid front sway bar - $100
    2004 STi Brake Booster and Master Cylinder ( both used, larger master cylinder and a less boosted brake booster for larger brakes and altogether much improved brake feel). Brake booster does come with the STi vacuum hose and valve. Regular brake fluid flushes. - $100
    2003 Forester Front calipers come with Stoptech pads with good life left in them - $50
    Subaru OEM 5 speed manual transmission with rear LSD differential and driveshaft (I'm pretty sure the center diff is on it's way out as after a long drive, there is some torque bind at low speeds. Gears and shifting is good, so if you've got a 5 speed with blown gears, you may be able to swap that center diff into this transmission. Transmission fluid was changed regularly, and just had Mobil Delvac put in it about 2 hours before I found the rust). - $300
    4 new KYB SG(03-08) Forester Struts (334342, 334343, 334344, 334343) with used SG Forester Swift sport springs (4F904) Struts are BRAND NEW and springs have 30k miles on them- $450
    4 Used SG (03-08) Forester Springs - $40. Approximately 70K miles on these. Good for those who want springs or to lift a WRX or lower mileage springs for your old forester. Again, I know these can be swapped to other years besides SG forester, but not which ones off the top of my head.
    Subtle Solutions 03-08 Forester Trunk Brace (knockoff of the cusco sold in Japan I believe, great quality, does interfere with full size spare tires, so smaller spare tire is a must, have a free one if you want it)- $80
    Rear disc brake knuckles/hub with new Timken Japanese wheel bearings and seals installed at 110K miles (so 15K miles on the bearings!) with the parking brake disc brake gear, parking brake cable, parking brake level, and working ABS sensors installed. This is the entire bearing housing, spindle, wheel bearing, etc that the suspension bolts into. Great for a rear disc brake swap or a quicker bearing job. Parking brakes functions normally and was serviced when I did the bearing replacement. They will also come with 2008 Legacy GT Spec B Rear calipers with caliper bracket (same as LGT rear brakes AFAIK). No rotors or pads, will come with pins lubed up - $150 for the both sides. Only other thing you should need is pads/rotors to get this up and working.
    Leather Interior. Front and rear seats (driver's heated seat works intermittently, passengers is fine last time I tested it). Driver's seat with some wear on side but not ripped. All other seats need some cleaning but in good shape - $250
    Tail Lights - $60 for the pair, currently have LED reverse bulbs in them for more light when backing up!
    Eagle High Output Alternator. 200 AMP cold output, 3 wire control, for Saab 9-2 x 2005 2.0L H4/Subaru Impreza H4 2.0L 2002-2005/Impreza 2002-2003 2.5Liter per the guy who makes and sells these, but likely fits other models too. BRAND NEW. $120
    EVO Prosport gauges (white/green) with sensors and some adapters and wiring harnesses. $150
    Forester OEM Double Din Gauge pod/Radio Housing - $50
    Turn In Concepts FCAR (front control arm rear) bushing with the aluminum housing. These are the liquid filled control arm bushings that notoriously fail on OEM subarus. I have TiC bushings that are now discontinued that fit into the aluminum holder piece and then bolt to the control arm. - $60
    EJ251 with a MAP and non EGR with 125K miles on it. Left head gaskets done at 75K miles and right head gasket done at 104K miles both @ Morrie's Minnetonka with associated valve gaskets and parts. Timing belt done at 102K miles with a Gates USA belt and all Gates Japanese idlers and tensioners (not the Chinese ones they sell now) and an Aisin Japanese Water pump. This will include the alternator, power steering pump (replaced at 104K miles), AC pump, tensioners, intake manifold, oil pan, plastic intake, etc. Basically I'm selling it as a drop in motor. Oil changes done every 2,800-3,500 miles using a Wix or OEM filter with the 23 PSI bypass valve and a quality oil. NGK Iridium Spark plug and NGK wires done at 75K miles and the wires are in great shape, the plugs are due for changing in 10K miles. Only OEM subaru coolant used and regular air intake and fuel filter changes. Head gaskets are still fine. Consumed about 1 -1.5 quarts between oil changes with highway driving (5 speed manual, so was turning at 3200-3300 RPMs). $700
    Steering rack with no leaks - $80
    OEM 2003 Forester Fog Lights - $50

9. Silky21L

Silky21L Well-Known Member

Do you have oem cross bars on the roof?

10. Shancaldazar

Nope, crossbars are long gone unfortunately

11. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

Pm’ed

12. Shancaldazar

Whiteline BSF10 22MM solid front sway bar - $80

2003 Forester Front calipers come with Stoptech pads with good life left in them - $40

Subaru OEM 5 speed manual transmission with rear LSD differential and driveshaft (I'm pretty sure the center diff is on it's way out as after a long drive, there is some torque bind at low speeds. Gears and shifting is good, so if you've got a 5 speed with blown gears, you may be able to swap that center diff into this transmission. Transmission fluid was changed regularly, and just had Mobil Delvac put in it about 2 hours before I found the rust). - $250

Rear disc brake knuckles/hub with new Timken Japanese wheel bearings and seals installed at 110K miles (so 15K miles on the bearings!) with the parking brake disc brake gear, parking brake cable, parking brake level, and working ABS sensors installed. This is the entire bearing housing, spindle, wheel bearing, etc that the suspension bolts into. Great for a rear disc brake swap or a quicker bearing job. Parking brakes functions normally and was serviced when I did the bearing replacement. They will also come with 2008 Legacy GT Spec B Rear calipers with caliper bracket (same as LGT rear brakes AFAIK). No rotors or pads, will come with pins lubed up - $100 for the both sides. Only other thing you should need is pads/rotors to get this up and working.

Leather Interior. Front and rear seats (driver's heated seat works intermittently, passengers is fine last time I tested it). Driver's seat with some wear on side but not ripped. All other seats need some cleaning but in good shape - $200

Eagle High Output Alternator. 200 AMP cold output, 3 wire control, for Saab 9-2 x 2005 2.0L H4/Subaru Impreza H4 2.0L 2002-2005/Impreza 2002-2003 2.5Liter per the guy who makes and sells these, but likely fits other models too. BRAND NEW. $100
    EVO Prosport gauges (white/green) with sensors and some adapters and wiring harnesses. $60

Forester OEM Double Din Gauge pod/Radio Housing - $20

Steering rack with no leaks - $80

OEM 2003 Forester Fog Lights - $40

Last few items left here, mostly just want to get rid of these last few items

13. Shancaldazar

Grimmspeed Blue Lightweight Crank Pulley - $60

Whiteline BSF10 22MM solid front sway bar - $80

2003 Forester Front calipers come with Stoptech pads with good life left in them - $30

2003 Forester Axles - $40 for a front axle (40K and 20K), $20 for a rear axle (120K)

Subaru OEM 5 speed manual transmission with rear LSD differential and driveshaft (I'm pretty sure the center diff is on it's way out as after a long drive, there is some torque bind at low speeds. Gears and shifting is good, so if you've got a 5 speed with blown gears, you may be able to swap that center diff into this transmission. Transmission fluid was changed regularly, and just had Mobil Delvac put in it about 2 hours before I found the rust). - $250

Leather Interior. Front and rear seats (driver's heated seat works intermittently, passengers is fine last time I tested it). Driver's seat with some wear on side but not ripped. All other seats need some cleaning but in good shape - $200

Eagle High Output Alternator. 200 AMP cold output, 3 wire control, for Saab 9-2 x 2005 2.0L H4/Subaru Impreza H4 2.0L 2002-2005/Impreza 2002-2003 2.5Liter per the guy who makes and sells these, but likely fits other models too. BRAND NEW. $100

EVO Prosport gauges oil pressure gauge, water temp, and oil temp (white/green) with oil pressure and oil temp senders with a sensor relocation kit and radiator hose adapter + wiring harnesses. $60