2004 Legacy L Sedan $2,500

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Vector, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

This is a little early in the process, but I figured I'd get it up here in case anyone is actively looking.

This is an oooold photo. I will post new as soon as I have a chance to get the car and assess it's current state.

MVIMG_20180225_201623(1).jpg

My mom is getting rid of her car since she doesn't drive any longer. I bought this car for her several years ago off another forum member. They had the timing belt and tensioner done at 100K but shortly after one of the idler pulleys failed and it skipped a tooth. I was able to determine that it hadn't slipped enough to damage the valvetrain and did a full belt, tensioner, idlers and water pump.

it's actually the 25th Anniversary trim, which is an L plus maybe a couple little things.
    I think the car has maybe 125K on it, but that needs to be validated.
    It has rust like every other 19yr old Subaru in Minnesota
    My brother thinks there might be a bad CV joint
    4EAT
    Cloth seats.
    Tires are very low mileage
    Comes with a second set of wheels and snow tires (old).

Car is currently in Northfield, I am hoping to go get it early in July and bring it to Minneapolis for a full cleaning, assessment and bring all basic maintenance up to date.

I'll update the details once I have more and the price will adjust accordingly.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  2. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

@Vector, do you have any updates on this? I got a neighbor with a kid in college looking for a dependable ride...

3. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Oh hey, maybe I should turn on notifications for mnsubaru...

I haven't had the opportunity to go assess the car yet, as life has been, interesting.

4. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Current photos (8/22023). Car hasn't moved in a couple of months (like you couldn't tell that from the dust) but started right up.

Car is currently in Northfield.

The brakes are currently non existent, so that needs to be sorted or the car will need to be towed. Brake pads and 2 rotors are only a few thousand miles old, so it's a line or a seal.

Rust is at the typical end for a 19 year old Subaru in Minnesota, drivers side is slightly worse.

One CV joint is making noise when turning left according to my brother (I didn't have time to get under the car yesterday and obviously wasn't going to do much test driving without brakes).

We're getting my mom moved out in about three weeks so if someone wanted to come pick this up and deal with fixing it before then, I'll probably be pretty accepting of offers. Once I drag it to Minneapolis and start fixing stuff, the range will move up accordingly.

PXL_20230821_194050441.jpg
    PXL_20230821_194115833.jpg PXL_20230821_194121795.jpg PXL_20230821_194134244.jpg PXL_20230821_194145052.jpg PXL_20230821_194151329.jpg PXL_20230821_194213616.jpg PXL_20230821_194255710.jpg

5. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Tires on the car are General Altimax Arctics snows on stock wheels and have a lot of tread.

There is also a second set of stock wheels with, IIRC, Kumho All-Seasons which I think are also in good shape. Will sell one set separate from the car if there is interest.