2004 Subaru Alert!!!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by tmarc12366009, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

glad to hear you got the car back man, hopefully it will all work out

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Glad it's back, well found at least.

3. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Progressive will give you up to $1000 in mods THAT ARE BOLTED TO THE CAR assuming you have recipts for them.

4. nm+

nm+ Professional Hypocrite

1. No. Get on them and make sure they do it. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.
    2. Fark if I know
    3. Read up on local law, but I'd lean toward no.

5. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

oh uhs....I should go put my car in the garage. g-night!

6. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

glad they found it and glad mine did not get jacked i only got broken into tonight.

7. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

I'm glad they found your car!
    Any update or pics?

8. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

That sucks that your apartment management are such d-bags.....definitely don't send them a christmas card.

9. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

Wait, what?

10. Ryan

Ryan Sled drifting master

Glad they found it... I guess. As I said before, If I was in your shoes i'd think long and hard about parting out the mods and selling it, or saving the mods and trading in the car for a different one. Of course going though all of the loan crap would be a PITA

11. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

yes my car got violated and molested :( the center console is jacked and my ipod was stolen and my window was shattered. :laugh: Merry Christmas to us! so I hope you car checks out ok, hopefully they did not wreck anything mechanically.

12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Sorry to hear that Emily!

13. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I hope everything pans out ok for you. That sucks so bad to have your stuff jacked like that. Hopefully you can get rides from some WRX owners until you get one of your own:biggrin:

14. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

hell yea!!!! woot...so who picking me up???? wink wink anyways lets not get off topic, this is not a thread about me. any more word on the car?

15. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

UPDATED PICS... Aftermath...

Well... All in all, I am somewhat surprised at a few things.

First off, the fact that these low-lifes left every valuable PERFORMANCE part on the car, while taking absolutely everything from the inside of the car including all meaningless crap leaving small garbage and a mess, was a bit of a headscratcher!!! Secondly, I work as an Account Manager with T-Mobile and they took each and every piece of literature from my car including posters, brochures, dummy display phones, EVERYTHING even my personal binder with sales numbers, business cards and other important to my job info... SOB's!!!

Now to some pics... First the outside of the car. Filthy from their joy ride, mind you I had just cleaned this thing spotless on Monday. Plus the police department obviously coated the entire car searching for prints...

16. tmarc12366009

More.... Engine, Trunk, Interior... All look relatively good. It appears from the trunk shot that they might have though about jacking it up or something since the jack was exposed... Maybe they were just looking for something else to steal! F'ers!!

17. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Wow, looks like it's in good shape...all things considered.

18. tmarc12366009

More.... Dash, glove box.... Jacked up dash from where they ripped out the cd player... Jacked up glove box....

19. tmarc12366009

FUBAR'd auto-dimming mirror... They fealt the need to cut the wire and break the mirror for me!! Thanks... Oh and of course a snapshot of the gas guage and mileage. Car maybe had 80 miles on the tank when they got it and of course you can see the gauge is empty with the indicator light on... 250 miles on that tank of gas! 14/15 gallons and 250 miles.... Solid 16 or so miles to the gallon... :biggrin:

20. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

ugh, well, at least the body looks good, and hopefully mechanical stuff will check out ok.

I really hope they can catch the *******es who did this.

21. tmarc12366009

I agree Scuba....

I had it moved out of the impound lot today and brought in to the service center. I am sure they probably won't get to much since we are so close the the Holiday, but at least some of the headaches are now gone. Sorry for the somewhat lame pics, but they didn't turn out too bad considering they came from my HTC Shadow...

I believe I can get the insurance to cover the cd deck, xm radio receiver/antenna, amplifier and I believe sub, since all these were mounted to the vehicle and were not just grab-and-go items. As far as my other personal things, summer wheels/tires set-up, cd's and anything else loose in the car taken, they will be out of my pocket losses. I don't have home owners or rental insurance, so I fail there i guess... And I suppose technicians will probably replace the face of the dash, glove box, auto-dimming mirror, and the window. I will be very adiment about making sure the thoroughly check all internals, transmission, differential, clutch, etc...

The car started and seemed to run fine, however, I did not drive it... I forgot to sound the horn to see if they had disconnected it when disabling the alarm. I also still really find it odd on how they got the thing started... No steering column damage evident, and the ignition seemed solid. :dunno:

At least for now I am rolling around in a Nissan Murano which rides kinda nice, but I miss my TURBOZ already!!! :(

Thanks again folks, I'll keep ya updated...
    -Marc

22. tmarc12366009

I am also glad they were able to enjoy a Vault beverage and Reeces Peanut Butter Cups while they were having such a good time!!!! :mad:

I hope they catch them too preza... There seemed to be some handprints and smudges around certain places as well. Maybe that'll help... Or they could just be mine from before the theft... :roll:

23. Saabaru

Saabaru Well-Known Member

They cleanly remove your window, disable the alarm, and get your car started without messing anything up on your steering column. Find and steal your summer wheels. But then they don't take any performance parts... They take audio stuff which old and used is hardly worth anything. They joy ride around town, even probably stop at some type of store to buy junk food, and once they run out of gas they park it. Sounds like they just got more stupid as the night went on. I feel for you man, hopefully there will be some clues to help the police find these idiots!

24. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

looks surprisingly similar when my car was in the police garage after it was found. They probably went thru your tank of gas, didnt want to refill up and be on camera and ditched it. My car looked a lot worse, the stole everthing instide from the FACTORY sub to my arm rest extension (wft right). Anyway and the bastards smoked in my car.

The tranny was one of the things that was messed up on my car, also ball joints and bent a arms, and some other stuff.

I begged and pleaded with my insurance company to total my car but they wouldnt budge even after i had sent my car back to the fix it shop 3 times before i took re delevery of the vehical.

Good luck with it from here on out, its gonna be weird driving it again after someone raped it.

25. Urabusvids

Urabusvids Well-Known Member

Dude that sucks still i hope you get some money from this and find the idiots and crap on them haha

26. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Bump for details oh and happy b-day.

27. tmarc12366009

Thanks for the b-day bump!! As far as the details go... I had a meeting and once over with my insurance agent and it appears they'll start working on the interior as well as give the engine/transmission/etc. a thorough inspection and fix any possible issues. I drove the car a few blocks to see if I could notice anything amiss, but hard to tell on such a short drive...

At this point I would just like to get the car back, but I want to make sure everything is as close to the condition the vehicle was in before the theft.

I'll keep ya posted... Nissan Murano for now... AWD v6 FTW... :roll:

-Marc

28. tmarc12366009

Oh and by the way, Subaru AWD pisses all over Nissan's AWD!!! SUBARU = FTMFW4EVER!!! :biggrin: I may have had a little snow fun in the Murano.... :eek:

29. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

I think the reason why they cut the wires to the mirror is because they probably thought that the car could be tracked (like onstar that comes in the GM vehicles.)

30. wall of tvs

OMG Alex stole your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

He's probably right, though.

31. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

That is the only reason why they would do that I would think. Because if you stole a car you wouldnt take the time to cut wires just for the hell of it.

32. wall of tvs

You'd be suprised.

When my Integra was stolen, the ****ers decided it would be a good idea to key it, stab it with a screwdriver, and kick dents in it. :mad:

33. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

My exes integra was also stolen, they took what they could then dented and keyed dirty pictures all over a perfectly good shell. I hope things get better for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.