2005 GT35R STi

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by Dream, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Trying to lower my car payment and insurnace + extra room for the kiddies. house > car

2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

With a Legacy GT? What the hell are you smoking?

3. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

a lgt will be the same payment as your current car, wouldnt it?

4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I dont see how you guys could make that assumption, you have no clue what I owe on the car. Let me break it down for you (not that I have to) I owe about 15k on the car, if I get what I want for it and get into the LGT for the price Ray quoted me my payments would drop a good $100+ and my insurance would go down about $40 per month. Is that a good enuff reason now?

5. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

^^werd!!!

6. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

well you see i had no clue about what you owed on it or anything sorry, didnt know you were so sensitive about it

7. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

It's all good, I just think its funny when people tell me my payments are going to be the same when they have no clue :laugh:

8. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Did I miss something? hehe...

9. readymix

Right, but you already had all that money invested in mods...which you wont get back. Consider that money gone. I'm just saying...*fuels the fire*

10. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Would cost more to put it all back to stock, since Erik doesn't have his stock parts anymore either. Regardless, mod or not a car never retains value. Unfortunately a modded car will lose more because everyone knows u never get back what u put in. But when a car has recognition, that is when u can sell it easier than a normal modded car, especially when u know it was TLC'ed for. In this case everyone knows how Erik takes care of his 2 babies...Son and STi.

11. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

cars are not ment to be a good investment. i think we all no whatever we put in our cars we will loose even if u part it out.

12. readymix

I'm just saying, if you crunch the numbers, you'll see that you are inevitably taking it in the pants on this one. Two options here to actually come ahead. Again, I don't care what Erik or anyone does, it isn't my decision. Just laying some info down.

Option 1. Keep the STi. You owe 15 on it. You've invested close to 10k in mods placing the STi's invested value over 40k. By selling it for 28-29, you are pissing 11k to the wind before you even get to the part of payments. You still owe 15, so take 15 out of whatever you get for hte car...we'll be nice and say 29k, that leaves 14k to invest into the next car. New Auto Legacy GT sedan invoice is 26,782 + 1200 for Automatic which I'm sure you can get at invoice for around 1000, so we'll call it 27,782...-14,000= 13,782 before tax/title, etc....So, you owe about the same amount on the new car BUT you lose your 10k mod investment on the STi. And you know you aren't going to leave the Legacy stock. Don't BS us either. So your payments are lower, but you will still end up paying essentially the same amount in the end AND you lose your mod investments on the STi. I don't see how that is much of a deal.

Option 2. You go sensible and get a later model Legacy GT non turbo. You could easily pay for a 2001-2002 Legacy sedan outright with the 14k you have leftover from the STi. You abuse the hell out of the legacy for about 3-5 years and sell it for about 6K. Plus your insurance will be far lower than it would be for a brand new Legacy GT auto. And you'd own it outright...no payments to make, no crap. And if you were really into it, you could easily throw an STi motor into it later on down the line and have a hot sleeper.

Again, fuel for the fire. I don't care what you do, it's ultimately your wallet and your pants that you'll be taking it in, not mine. Just giving you a different POV.

13. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Trust me, ive thought of it from every angle. In the end, I need my payments lower NOW, I dont care what I spent on mods and how much im losing. Like others have said, cars are not ment for investment and getting into it I knew I would NEVER get back all the money I stuck into it. Plus, im trying to get a house so the lower my payment the better it will be for me and I still need to maintain my addiction to Subaru's (hence the reason I want the LGT over the non-turbo older version...poop). Thanks for all the advice and the free bumps from everybody though :)

14. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

Get a 2nd JOB :) :)

15. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

yes Dreamis...work more so you can afford your babies...all of them.

16. RichWRX

we need a dock boy :)

17. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

ohh how much does it pay

18. RichWRX

not as much as gas would cost to drive down here

19. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

^haha...funny

20. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Monday morning bump!

21. scoobydreamin

scoobydreamin Well-Known Member

No, work less and enjoy the new babe. The payout is much higher in the long run!

22. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

That was more joking, I think Erik selling the car is inevitable. If I had the dough I'd buy it :laugh:

23. Chukee_R

Chukee_R Well-Known Member

Erik!! :(

Why is you sell t3h STi?!?!

24. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Read the last 8 pages ;)

25. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

One more bump!

26. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

when does this hit ebay? or did i miss that post? its been awhile........

27. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I think im going to do carsoup first. As you can see im not in a huge hurry :hsugh: