2006 Honda Pilot

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by pleiades, Jun 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, been a while since I've posted but I recently picked up a 2nd gen Tacoma so it's time for my trusty old Pilot to go (still have my bugeye for now but that might be showing up in this forum soon too). Photos to follow.

$4,500 or best offer
    2006 Honda Pilot EX-L
    211,449 miles
    Clear title
    Located in Osceola, WI

Well used but also well cared for, this Pilot has a few minor cosmetic and mechanical issues but would make a great budget friendly vehicle for winter use, camping/overlanding, or just carrying kids, pets, or cargo. I’ve owned it for over 10 years and it has not let me down yet. Nicely equipped from the factory with several other features added since, it seats 8 passengers and boasts an impressive 11 cup holders throughout to suit even the thirstiest of travelers. It’s spacious, comfortable, and for a large vehicle not that bad on gas. On a recent trip to the north shore of Superior I was seeing about 17 mpg, weighed down with gear and with a load in the roof basket. Hopefully I’ve included enough information below but feel free to contact me with any questions or if you’d like any additional photos. Title in hand with no lien, not interested in trades (already replaced with another vehicle), cash or cashier’s check from local bank accepted as payment. Typically available weekends and evenings but I do work from home some of the time so I may also be available during the day as well.

Factory Equipment:

- 3.5 “VTEC” V6

- Full-time AWD with VTM-4 differential locking feature

- Power windows, locks, mirrors (heated), sunroof, and driver’s seat

- Gray leather seats (front two heated) with third row, four LATCH mounting locations for child safety seats, second and third rows both fold flat into floor and provide enough space for at least two adults to lie down comfortably

- Towing package (although the 2” receiver hitch is rusted inside and pretty well seized up)

- AM/FM radio with 6-disc changer, Sirius/XM ready

- Home link programmable garage door openers

- Alarm/Anti-theft system

Mechanical History/Issues:

- Timing belt service done at about 200k miles

- All 4 shocks, springs, and brakes replaced around the same time as timing belt

- Fluids all fairly fresh and no leaks

- A/C works but line going to rear evaporator has a small leak, will hold a charge for a few months but faulty line will need to be either capped off or replaced (or you can just keep charging it)

- Engine runs a little loud, sounds somewhat like typical high-mileage Honda valve noise but hasn’t worsened or caused any issues over several thousand miles

- Occasional check engine light for code P0161 (O2 sensor heater circuit bank 2 sensor 2), likely just needs an O2 sensor replaced but runs fine as is

Other Wear & Tear/Damage to Note:

- Minor collision damage on front passenger corner (my daughter backed into it in our driveway)

- Some rust on both quarter panels in the usual Honda problem areas

- Carpets are stained in the rear from kids, cargo, previous owners, etc.

- Headliner is sagging in some spots with a few tears and marks

- Hood has some light scratches from a big dumb dog jumping up on it

- Few dash backlight bulbs are out so some buttons aren’t lit up at night

- Window tint on rear windows has some small tears/holes

- Spare tire has a slow leak

- Few small holes on a couple interior trim pieces from items that were previously mounted and removed

- Paint on top of lift gate spoiler is faded/dull

Added Features/Equipment and Customizations:

- Code Alarm remote starter

- Black housing headlights, tinted side markers and taillights

- LED bulbs in headlights, fog lights, reverse and license lamps, as well as interior lighting

- 42” LED light bar on roof

- Center section of hood painted matte black

- Rally Armor mud flaps

- Color-matched (painted body color) window deflectors/visors

- Aftermarket tint on all windows on top of factory privacy glass so rear windows are very dark (previous owner)

- Large cargo basket mounted on roof rack with two “Quick Fist” rubber clamps on either side (good for carrying a shovel, axe, fishing poles, etc.)

- DIY hinged spare tire carrier installed in receiver hitch (factory spare holder was seized and unusable), wheel mounted with locking lug nuts, additional license mount and light on carrier wired through trailer harness

- Auxiliary LED reverse lamps mounted in rear reflector locations

- Gray leather wrapped steering wheel

- 16x8 +0 American Racing Baja wheels, Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires in factory sizing with matching spare tire/wheel, all still measuring between 7-10/32”, all wheels except spare have TPMS sensors

- DIY short-ram intake (out of necessity as the bolts broke for the factory air box)

- Factory subwoofer replaced with Audiobahn AW1004M powered by a Zapco ST1 400W mono amp, remote gain controller in center console (little louder than stock but there are some interior trim rattles)

- Bluetooth and 3.5mm auxiliary inputs added (no hands-free mic, just audio input)

- DIY pet perch/shelf on inside of rear driver’s door, just hooks onto the top of the trim panel and stays put with Velcro (made it so my dog could stand his front paws up there and hang his head out the window). Not permanently installed so it can be left in place for your dog, cat, ferret, iguana, etc. or can be taken out very easily.

- Thick rubber all-weather floor mats for first and second row

- Cool outdoorsy decals on rear windows

Also Included in Sale:

- Original 16” alloys (painted black) with new Sumitomo Ice Edge tires, were only driven on for a few hundred miles last season

- Original headlights and taillights

- Original air intake components

- Carpeted floor mats

- 3-bike carrier that has been modified to interchange with spare carrier

pinjasaur and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  2. pleiades

3. pleiades

4. pleiades

***SOLD***