2007 Subaru Outback -$5000 - 118K miles

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Mitchum, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitchum

Mitchum Well-Known Member

Been a good minute since I’ve been on the forum! Few months in Wisconsin, now back in the saddle again.

My wife and I had a 2018 Forester XT, amazing car in every way. Sadly a negligent driver on my way to work one morning ran a red light and t-boned the right rear 1/4 and door, totaled. This Outback for sale has served its purpose greatly, and will serve its next owner just the same.

I’m gonna do the not-so-good items first, I’ve got nothing to hide so if you have questions please ask.
    - passenger front fender’s clear coat is peeling/faded
    - headlights hazy (haven’t gotten around to restoring, have a kit in my garage that’ll go with the car if the buyer wants)
    - both front sway bar links broken (not safety concern nor clunking, haven’t gotten to replacing)
    - driver side seatbelt doesn’t automatically retract (I have the button as well that keeps the belt buckle from falling down)
    - damage on hood (flew back while driving down the block when I had jump pack on when alternator failed-not that bad in my opinion)
    - check engine light intermittently comes on, has P0420 code, needs cats and most likely front a/f sensor and rear o2’s if they’re seized).
    - tan interior, kinda dirty. Some from our ownership, most from previous. I’ll do my absolute best detailing before selling.

Now on to the good stuff!
    - only 118K miles (2.5L, 4EAT, tan interior, heated front seats, heated windshield wipers)
    - head gaskets, timing belt, all 3 idlers, tensioner, water pump, thermostat, and spark plugs done at the dealer (have records on it)
    - new spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter, wipers, rear pads and rotors, right front wheel bearing, left rear wheel bearing, alternator (oreilly), I have new Subaru battery that’ll go with it, just haven’t installed.
    - 2 month old Yokohama Geolander G91 tires
    - OEM Subaru remote start (installed 2 months ago)
    - 2 keys, 2 fobs, 2 remote start fobs
    - tinted windows (15% all around, 5% eyebrow. If you know me, you know all of my cars are heavily tinted)
    - clean title (will provide CARFAX upon request)
    I’m sure there are things I’m missing, if they come to me I’ll add them into the post. Overall this is an outstanding car, and I wouldn’t sell it if I wasn’t in the need of a bigger vehicle. We pulled the trigger on a 2021 Ascent.

I’ll try and post more pictures of it as I take them. My wife drives daily so the mileage will go up a bit. I’d like to get $5,000 for the car. Open to reasonable offers. If it doesn’t sell here, I’ll toss it on Craigslist. I’ve always preferred the forum before CL. Please PM me for my cell and I can send more pictures upon request. I’ll try to post more shortly. Thank you!

1AE543A2-8D76-4B4F-9291-F2F0F6469407.jpeg

2. Mitchum

53D6E4E5-B14F-499D-9126-DDAAB2390932.jpeg 984B1160-6796-4555-8AF9-5EC7A717752D.jpeg 03BB2926-176D-4672-B505-8ED9FEB5B77C.jpeg

3. Mitchum

D0BDB0CF-18D7-4E1A-A80E-91B0CE3EF967.png

Attached Files:

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Ah mandango! No interior pics?:rolleyes:

5. Mitchum

Gotta get it cleaned up a bit first, hopefully this weekend. You know how it goes with car seats

tangledupinblu likes this.
  6. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

Probably worth uploading some pics of the paint/damage areas as well for potential buyers.

7. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Sure do! It looks nice from the outside. But as to be expected, as you take nice car of your stuffs!

8. Mitchum

The picture with the ladder shows the paint fade/clear coat issue on the right front fender. I’ll take some more pictures of the hood today.

9. Mitchum

F6BCD429-5166-42BE-8E83-E203974B1C97.jpeg 072273B9-0FB3-47A0-895E-237096758D9E.jpeg 65231AFF-EF4E-4F36-985C-F105B67D49D8.jpeg 449C6428-5652-43A5-92BC-2AF745F6193E.jpeg

Attached Files:

10. Mitchum

Took home the new Ascent today for the wife, will get the kid seats out this weekend and Mrs. Doubtfire the crap out of the car to the best of my abilities. The seats may be in need of a shampoo, but I’d rather not do that in the winter.

11. Mitchum

Will consider all reasonable offers. I work at a Subaru dealer and am willing to provide parts to replace cats and sensors if there’s an interested buyer.

12. Mitchum

Bump, $3,000?

13. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

It's still for sale? What up with that?

14. Mitchum

Sure is. Would like it gone and to a good home. If it doesn’t sell in a week I’m gonna fix it and throw it on Craigslist.

15. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

at $3k, its a hell of a deal for someone as a family cruiser alone.

EricS and tangledupinblu like this.
  16. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

I told my friend (Mitch) about it again. He's the guy I gave your info to. He said he previously contacted you, but you had a potential buyer. Was that potential buyer him? LOL

17. babiker712

babiker712 Well-Known Member

Interior pics? 3k seems like a bargain for the mileage. If you had fixed the exhaust and it didn't have paint issues at the original asking, I would have been putting the hard sell on for my wife to upgrade from her 06 2.5i. Now I'm trying to justify turning it into a battlewagon...

18. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Ice racing sounds damn fun, in that case IDGAF about paint… :frantic:

19. Mitchum

Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.