2007 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by predavore, Jul 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

Here's the Craigslist Ad. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/mcy/d/savage-2007-yamaha-xvs1100-star-custom/7639827115.html

I'll go down to $1900 for MNSUBARU members. I need to sell it before winter. If I don't, I'll probably haul it to my buddy's place and tuck it in the corner of his shed until spring. This is a really nice bike, but I have other priorities. It starts IMMEDIATELY when you press the ignition. In my garage, it doesn't even need choke to run/idle. I can send a cold start video if you don't believe me. I took pictures of everything. I can send to anyone who requests them. I don't have insurance on it, so no test drives until you own it. :)

Full story...

So I bought this bike as an opportunity to get back on 2 wheels when my last project stalled. I picked it up late last fall/early winter. Bike didn't run, just spilled gas out the overflow hose. Finally got to digging into it this last week to see what is going on. I found that the battery was fine and that the carbs were plugged. I bought a kit and decided to disassemble and find the problem. I bought an ultrasonic cleaner to clean all the parts during the rebuild. I was told when I bought the bike that it had a bit of top end sputter when it last ran. During inspection, I found that it has an aftermarket intake. I intended to put it 100% back to stock. Right now as it sits, it needs the factory airbox or an aftermarket jet kit. I have a new petcock on order and will be hooking this thing up for a test fire this week. I'm trying to work out which intake kit and jet kit to go with. However, I'm ready to sell this and let someone else figure out which way they want to take it. I would like to get at least what I have into it back out (not including all the carb cleaning and time). I did set it up as a single seater, but do have the rear seat, rear back rest, windscreen, among other things. I will include those in the sale. It is originally a Canadian bike, but I replaced the speedo with an aftermarket MPH gauge. I believe it had around 19k km on it or around 12k miles. So fairly low mileage. Message me for photos. All black theme, trying to keep a low profile look.

It is registered and has tabs until Feb 2024.

**Update** got everything put together, drained old fuel, replaced petcock. Primed twice and started on choke on the first try. Warmed the bike. Stopped and started a few times. Idles really nicely. Looks like it will need a carb tune. I will continue to go through the bike. I'm thinking a new intake and bigger jets might be required. Price will go up as work progresses. If you want to customize this bike with the intake of your preference, grab it now for a low low price. I have saved all the parts including the old carb parts, windscreen, seat, etc. All goes with the bike.

** Bike starts up perfectly and almost instantly without choke. Lowering As-Is price. Still looking for factory intake.

[​IMG]

euro and tangledupinblu like this.
  2. predavore

$1800... my taxes went up... :(

3. predavore

Parked till spring. Price goes up when the temp goes up...

4. predavore

Sold... getting picked up tomorrow morning.

tangledupinblu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.