2008 Mn subaru Ice race (Jan 11th-13th)

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RichWRX, Sep 9, 2007.

1. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

i went around early in the evening sweeping up everyone's cabins for them.... :)

2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I can honestly say I wasn't part of Saturday night's shenanigans. I did steal a roll of TP from cabin 3, but I was nice and removed my shoes so as not to mess up the floors....I did however forget to take off my shoes when I went in there again to stick sausage in Justin's ear while he was sleeping.

And the bottle rockets in the cabins was annoying for sure.

And just to point out something, Rich said cabin 2 was the worst, and that is fine by me, because it was trashed, but I feel good knowing I at least tried to clean up the mess. I dont' care that cabin 2 is the 'party cabin' and I knew what I was getting into when I signed up for it...but if you are going to come to the party cabin and wreck it, then you had better man up and help clean it. I'm seriously considering going to a quiet cabin next year simply because I don't want to have to clean up after all of you *******s the next morning.

And to the jackwit that was tossing candy and peanuts all over the place in Cabin 2, and dumping them all over the table, you can find some other cabin to be mr. cool in next year. Don't come back. When I get up at 3am to tell you guys to quiet down, you don't throw ****ing hershey's kisses at me. You were one peanut away from myself and AWDL getting up and beating the dog**** out of you.

Thanks again to Rich for the ice races, hopefully next year the ice will be more enjoyable than this year. But the hospitality and fun was just as good as any year. And sorry about the window :(

3. Urabusvids

Urabusvids Well-Known Member

hahaha that was awsome...

4. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

Where did all that damn candy come from in the first place?

5. Urabusvids

The only thing i saw wrong this whole weekend was standing on the table, wet shoes, spilling, even though the bottle rockets were half in doors and it was funny it shouldnt happen, and alcohol+cars... otherwise besides how dirty it was* it went fine to me anyways

6. Urabusvids

haha it was on our table on cabin 4 and got thrown around the room, they also did a run through and took food... from cabin 3, and disco pope was nice enough to sweep for everyone... haha

7. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

Thanks Beth for doing the dishes and making chili. And thanks to everyone else that finished cleaning after we left.

8. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

I guess going to SD and shooting a .45 pistol (first time ever with a handgun) and shotgun was as exciting... ha ha... so far the reports don't seem as bad as i thought they would be.. glad everyone got back safely

9. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

so what were the lap times?

10. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

They're on my laptop. I'll get them posted up in a minute...

11. prezawagon

Maybe we need all quiet cabins and a big party tent out on the ice.

12. readymix

The other option I came up with was having a guest list for the party cabin, you sign in when you get there and then when it comes time to clean the cabin, you cross your name off when you show up to clean it. Then we know who is the filthy jackasses and who are the responsible ones.

13. 02blubru

If anyone wants a CD/DVD of the pics let me know(pm me) and I will make you one. You will have to come to chipotle on the 26th, to get it from me.

14. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i second the non party cabin next year, quiet FTW, anyways, some of you guys do need thicker skin, you knew you were gonna be woken up expecially when you went to bed at like 9:30, and yes, whoever was the ass clown that was throwing peanuts and candy around in the cabin (you know who you are, captain white pants) you were seconds away from disaster

15. 02blubru

we should all pitch in and rich can build a heated shed we can party in, and sleep in the cabins. Clean up will be easy... turn on the hose and let it run down the drain. lol

16. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

thats what i did this year. worked out perfectly

17. 02blubru

but you did not help clean 5hit in cabin 3, except your room. :ugh:;):eek4:

18. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i admit i slacked this year on cleaning...the last 2 years i've been in the party cabin and cleaned tons of other peoples messes, not a good excuse but ...

19. AspitFire

This!!! If the worst that happend is that you got woken up around 10pm, then i think we succeded as a club.

20. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

Things Bee and I learned at the Ice races...
    Justin looks like McLovin.
    Tim's girlfriend's vagina supposedly tastes like metal or like licking a battery.
    Alcohol is Discopope's spinach.
    Rich Josh and I make a bada$$ trio!
    Cone Bowling rules.
    Bee makes great snow chairs. =P
    more to come..

21. AspitFire

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

22. AWDimprezaL

Thanks for backing me up josh, i am just sick of whiney little babies, it gets worse every year, every event, you dont drink, good for you, dry your tears because you are gonna get woken up.

23. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

1. shouldn't matter what time it is. a quiet cabin is a quiet cabin....I would have expected it in the party cabin.

2. the bottle rocket that was thrown in our cabin happened about 1am. and I went to bed just before 2:30.

I have thicker skin than many. and i do my fair share of stupid crap (no alcohol necessary), but I don't wake up other people, and destroy their stuff to do it.

24. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

i can't believe the sight of candy/nuts didn't excite you.

25. Ej22TIM

Ej22TIM Well-Known Member

if you dont want shenanigans dont get a bunch of people togather that actually have a sense of HUMOR ( sry bots ) and mix that with alcohol and nothing better to do than drink and socialize..... you get............. hold on........i dont know if youre ready..........................

ITS CALLED FUN PEOPLE........

everyone has it, I know I did.... and im sure I pissed my fair share of people off, but you know what I had FUN.

so thanks everyone!

26. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Rich are we still on for March 14th for the second ice race? Thats the first day of break for me.

the issue of drunken senanigans vs. quite time will never end. perhaps since there are two races they should be seperated. people going to the jan race should expect senanigans and those going to the march race should expect relaxing quite.

27. AWDimprezaL

The bottle rocket crap was retarded, no doubt.

28. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

Im not sure when the next one will be yet, if at all. It depends on how the slush is so I can make the course, I should know in a week or 2.

29. Grayguy

Grayguy Well-Known Member

I really don't think this should be neccesary, i would hope that the people here could learn atleast a little bit of respect. I mean, it's not too much to ask to not F with the cabins that want to be quiet. I'm all for some shenanigans, but it's nice to be able to avoid them if you want to.

30. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

next year everyone will drink if they like it or not ;)

31. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

lmao!

force-fed Jag bombs ftw

32. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

Thank you Rich and Karen, that was lots o fun!

33. AWDimprezaL

lmao i'll hold the funnel!

34. DISCOPOPE

well, i lead a raid for pudding on cabin 3, which turned into, "hey lets go wake up evan!!1!" so i guess i'm responsible for a majority of the complaints.... i'm honestly sorry if i upset anyone.

35. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

Lol ^ you where so quiet until you started drinking. How's your head feeling?

36. DISCOPOPE

it's good now.
    :) thanks

37. hex2bit

hex2bit Well-Known Member

Thanks Rich for hosting again this year!!! It was a blast.

My pudding! Damn you Disco!!! LOL...

Now I gotta read through the forum to figure out what I mssed :)

38. readymix

QUIET...the word is QUIET.

Just for that, I'm going to be quite loud and obnoxious at every ice race you attend. Regardless of if you are in the QUIET cabin or not.

And anyway, get over it. I don't understand the whining sometimes. When in Rome...seriously, with the track conditions this year, how could you expect people to not drink? I couldn't do more than about 10 laps of the course without wanting to go back to the cabin and drink. With the track the way it was, people didn't have much else to do. And live a little. I'm not saying you have to drink to have fun, but at least socialize and get out of your cabin a bit. Going to bed at 9:30 is lame. If you haven't figured it out yet, the people that go to sleep early are the ones that get the most shenanigans because the majority of us can't figure out why you'd want to wander off to bed at elementary schoolkid hours on a weekend when you are at a cabin on a lake.

You want a quiet weekend at a cabin? Go rent a cabin at another resort that isn't full of loud cars and people ready to drink and race. Or just stay home. I agree that some of what happened was highly inconsiderate and stupid. But I expect it from 30+ drunk males between the ages of 18-35.

This is a word of warning to anyone that plans on ever going to the ice races....expect drunks, expect noise, expect mayhem. I know Chux can't seem to get that, but the rest of you can. Read the last paragraph again and again till you do. 30+ drunk people will be loud and obnoxious. Welcome to reality. If you want us to have a quiet, alcohol free racing event, then see if you can get the boys and girls club, the YMCA, and your local church to sponsor an ice race for you. Rich runs a resort on a lake, and there is a reason there are shot glasses and beer mugs in your cabinets...If you don't want to drink, that is fine, but don't expect the rest of us to follow suit. And don't expect the people that are drinking to be able to not be loud and stupid at times. Maybe if you want to avoid the drunks and such, you can stay at a hotel near by or something. But don't come to the DeerLodge Resort and expect the people there to walk on eggshells and sip warm milk all day.

39. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

I quite enjoyed myself this weekend. Thanks Rich, for the ride in your toy.

40. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

I was in a loud cabin, and still passed out at 10pm, no problem.

41. StatGSR

StatGSR Well-Known Member

^ thats cause you dont mess with phill cause he will bring the pain!!!! rofl

42. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

Damn that sounds like a good time.

Bottle rockets, booze, cars and ice....not all at the same time...i'm sure :roll:

43. readymix

Nope, it was all at the same time.

44. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

Yes at the same time lolz btw Mike Wray and Mr Kyle.....your cars will never be safe at ice racing again after both of your shenanigans :biggrin: better check those lugnutz.

Also thanks Rich and Karen. Great time as always!

45. prezawagon

Everybody has their own idea of what fun is. With a large group of people there just needs to be some level of mutual respect both during and after the event. I thought it went well, the people I interacted with over the weekend were great.

I'm really sorry it didn't go as well for others. But let's not turn this into a flame war. If someone has a complaint, that's fine, but nobody was expecting a tranquil weekend in the northwoods so don't try to make it sound like that. This is not an "us vs them" situation. I've read some complaints, I've read some apologies, I've read about a lot of people having fun. Let's leave it at that and not turn it into a fight and distort the reality of the situation.

Thanks again Rich and Karen for hosting. And thanks to everyone who helped to keep the timed laps somewhat organized and also a big thanks to everyone who took a few minutes out of their driving to tow someone out of the ditch// er,, snowbanks, etc. :)